All reviews nimman area rooftop pool art theme nimman road trendy hotel brilliant area fitness suite cocktail happy hour coffee shops and restaurants ants crawling maya shopping mall adequate size great hotel old town amazing coffee walking distance tuk tuk
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Fine dinning of the highest order. The personalised service, the quality of the food, the ambiance
made this visit a superb close to our visit to Chiang Mai. We cannot stress enough that for that "special" dinner this Restaurant is well worth heading the list of "musts"

Room Tip: Highly recommended for quality, and that intimate evening.
Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve C
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Art Mai Gallery Nimman Hotel Chiang Mai By Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Steve C,

On behalf of our whole service & kitchen team, I would like to thank you for your kind words and 5-star rating for JARID Thai Food Fine Wines at Art Mai? Gallery Hotel, Chiang Mai . Posts like yours really motivate us to keep our standards high so that regulars keep coming back.

We started Jarid last year because we felt there was a demand for Thai foods pairing with fine wines which wasn't being met. Large portions of quality food at reasonable prices married with heartfelt service has been in the brand standard of JARID since we opened. We also offer a vegetarian option on nearly every menu item while our 6 Artist Signature dishes are the very popular item on our menu.

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your experience with the world on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I once happened to stay for a night here and it was brilliant. The room is so nice and clean and they have an art easel for us to release our creativity in your own private room. I did draw something looks like a duck...well, it's so ugly lol. The location of the hotel is so perfect for Chiang Mai visitors to go shopping local art stuff and for coffee lovers I strongly recommend to stay here as a popular coffee shop "Ristr8to" is just a few steps from the hotel, so they can enjoy a cup of coffee and feel super fresh open-air ambience there. And oh yeah, if anyone fancies to experience Northern Thai Food, there is a Thai restaurant called 'Hong Thaew" also just a few steps from Art Mai? hotel too. Yummy! Even the locals love to go. : )

Room Tip: Go for the artist signature rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank MIKE B
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Art Mai Gallery Nimman Hotel Chiang Mai By Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Dear MIKE B,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us your comment regarding your recent stay at Art Mai Gallery Hotel, Chiang Mai.

We’re concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. Our team will strive harder in providing memorable experience to our guests. We're happy to know that you enjoyed drawing in your private room and I think it must be the creative lovely duck. ^_^ Why don't you show us... ^_^

We all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Location, location, location!

The (almost brand new) Art Mai is perfectly situated in the non-touristy section of Chiang Mai. This is where the Thai folk come to play.

Initially I had reservations about staying "outside the square." But after spending considerable time in both areas, Art Mai is located in a very active part of Chiang Mai that is less chaotic and a little more high-brow than in the square.

You're right in the center of hundreds of restaurants, cafes, dessert spots, massage studios, the main strip...everything. My favorite coffee place is right across the street and there's an ice cream shop one block down. I couldn't think of a better location to be.

Art Mai has a free breakfast buffet (with choice of eggs) which is awesome for western travelers who may not want a traditional Thai breakfast in the morning.

Art Mai has a 5-star and comfortable feel. The hotel is impeccably clean and the standard room is oversized. The bed will make even the most uptight traveler relaxed.

Each of the rooms and hallways are decorated with local art. I'm not very artistic so most of the finer touches I'm sure I missed. But if you're into that kind of thing, this is your place.

What's keeping it from 5 stars?

Some amenities are average:
- The rooftop pool is small and not a social place (more suited for small families)
- The fitness center is a handful of treadmills and elliptical machines (like 4 total)
- The hotel itself isn't much of destination scene (yet)...although it's trying with it's restaurant and small events

Overall, if you're not concerned with amenities and you want location, great service, and a luxury feel...this is a highly recommended hotel in my book.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Dominick Q
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Art Mai Gallery Nimman Hotel Chiang Mai By Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear Dominick Q.,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor about Art Mai? Gallery Hotel, Chiang Mai. We appreciate your compliments with our breakfast, room and fantastic location. The entire team hopes that you returned home with amazing memories of your stay.

We appreciate all your feedback about our roof top as it helps us identify areas that we may need to improve. We are now considering to add more equips in fitness center and add more seats at poolside area.

We hope you return to Art Mai? Gallery Hotel next time you’re visiting Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed here during Songkran and had a wonderful experience. The staff is extremely warm, the rooms are beautiful and unique, and the decor/ branding of the place is inspired and memorable. The location was an easy walk to coffee shops and galleries with a similar flavor. The breakfast offered an impressively diverse selection every day. The added quirk of getting a canvas in your room to "leave your mark" is a brilliant idea, tying together the whole spirit of the place.

Room Tip: We were in the impressionist wing (7th floor) and we loved our room.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Art Mai Gallery Nimman Hotel Chiang Mai By Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Robin,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel and taking your time to share your experience following your stayed at Art Mai? Gallery Hotel. I am appreciate to learn that you our value guest enjoyed staying with us and it was great to read that you found our service excellent.

I and my entire team truly value your kind compliment and we do hope that you returned home with amazing memories of Songkran festival and Chiang Mai, Thailand. We look forward to welcoming and servicing you on your next trip visit Chiang Mai.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2016

This was my 2nd visit to Chiang Mai and I was a little unsure about staying in a new area - it was brilliant, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Such an up and coming area, clean tidy modern, but with a Thai twist. Tons of coffee shops and restaurants in a safe area. The hotel itself was fantastic, super cool and modern, the room was a good size (huge bathroom). Breakfast was fine, fitness suite looked good (didn't quite make it in). The pool is a good size, with about 8 sun beds. We went up 3 times, and twice we had the place to ourselves. The views and sunset are also amazing. highly recommend, friendly staff, good service.

Room Tip: 605 great views of the mountain
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagerArtMai, General Manager at Art Mai Gallery Nimman Hotel Chiang Mai By Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Ajt2908,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience following your stay with us. I am appreciate to learn that you our value guest enjoyed staying during your trip in Chiang Mai and it was great to read that you found our area, hotel facility and staff services are excellent.

Regarding the poolside area, we are underway to add the seating as much as possible due to our guests almost enjoy with the panorama view on the roof top.

I and my entire team truly value your kind compliment and we all look forward to welcoming and servicing you on your next trip visit Chiang Mai.

With kind regards,