All reviewsspa bathcarved woodcomplimentary bikesold cityheated poolbreakfast buffet was nicetour desktuk tuktraditional thai styleegg stationkoi ponda ground floor roomking sizeseparate showerlovely poolamazing hotelsaturday and sunday
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Stayed here four nights and it was pretty close to perfect. Beautiful, spacious rooms decorated in traditional Thai style. Excellent service from staff. Very convenient location. We will definitely stay here again when in Chiang Mei.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground level--the beautiful pool was just a few steps away.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Suzanne B

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is certainly pleasing to know that your expectations have been met and we are glad that you were satisfied by our location, facilities, staff and services.

Once again, I thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 28 February 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Pingviman Hotel for four nights during our Honeymoon. They are conveniently located close to the airport and within the walls of The Old City. There are many Temples within walking distance and plenty of Tuk Tuks going by if you prefer to take a ride. They even have bikes you can borrow for free. The hotel was beautiful and tastefully designed in the Traditional Lanna style, ornate wood work throughout the property and within the rooms and beautiful wood walkways surrounded by Koi ponds. The staff was friendly and helpful and arranged for us to be picked up, free of charge, at the airport and also helped get us a taxi to the airport as our departure was much earlier than their free transportation started. They have a restaurant on site and the food was just ok but a convenient option if you don't feel like leaving the hotel. We preferred to explore the food offered throughout the neighborhood but did appreciate the free breakfast we received which was a nice touch. We stayed in a Executive Suite with Pool Access Room on the first floor. I was concerned that we would hear people walking above us but this was never an issue. The only negatives were that our room smelled like sewerage the first few days and the bed is on the harder side but we ran into these same issues at other hotels in Thailand as well. Overall we really loved staying here and would love to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I was already in Chiang Mai for 6-nights when I accidentally stumbled upon this hotel. The outside looked nice and new, so I walked in to look around. It turns out it was build in the fall of 2015, so that is quite new for Chiang Mai. The pool was beautiful and the traditional Thai style of the hotel was very impressive.

I went to Phuket after Chiang Mai, but was going to be returning for one night, so I asked the front desk about the room rate and it surprisingly turned out to be affordable for the day I needed. I quickly checked Booking.com and their price was more than double than what the front desk quoted. So, I booked one night for when I was going to return and cancelled my other reservation. I was excited. I wish I had known about this hotel since I had already been in Chiang Mai for 6-nights.

Some things that were great was that Pingviman Hotel offers free airport pick-up and drop off service! This was very convenient and useful. Since we were there only one night, we spent the afternoon in their heated pool and ordered lunch poolside. The pool area was quiet and relaxing. There was a sauna and gym, but I didn't have a chance to use them. My room on the 3rd floor was large, had a huge ceiling height, very nice bathroom and shower, a jetted tub and faced the pool. The room had a lot of traditional Thai wood carved furniture. It was clean and neat.

I will tell you that Chiang Mai is a pretty gritty city, so the streets are rundown looking, but very safe. There way nothing special about the street Pingviman is on, but the Old Town of Chiang Mai is a square and takes only 30 minutes to walk from one side to the other. So walking to wherever you want to go is not bad.

I spoke with the tour desk and the gentleman was very nice and spoke excellent English. I didn't need to book a tour, but he was very helpful regardless.

The breakfast buffet was nice and plentiful. It had most things one would need, so that was good. Once thing that needed improvement was their coffee. The machine is a bit old and the coffee did not taste good. Hopefully they can replace it with a better automatic machine that makes latte's and cappuccino's. Many hotels in Thailand had this type of machine.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Pingviman Hotel. Again, too bad I didn't know about it sooner otherwise I would have booked my entire stay here. Not sure if I will go back to Chaing Mai, but if I do, I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2017
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Michael G

Many thanks for your kind review and recommendation. It is very much appreciated !
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to your expectations. I will be sharing your compliments with my team and can assure you that they will all be delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Let me start with the minus: we stayed at room 2301 but also the otter rooms on that floor had the same problem. At Night, when everything else is quiet, it sounds like a door is slammed hard in the corridor. The sound repeats itself every minute or
so and you wonder what it is.

In the reception the nice lady told me it was the pump, and that she would ask the tecnician about it. Later I was told it could not be fixed, and we were offered another room. We declined and used earplugs instead, which kept most of the sound out.

Otherwise it is a wonderful hotel in all respects. We especially enjoyed the free bicycles, the nice breakfast, the Big room, and the balcony outside the room. And not to forget, the pool. Super.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Lars E

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with group of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids) in two rooms. Style and flair of the hotel is very good. Pool is nice and quiet as many people explore the area within the day. Dinner at the hotel is also acceptable but not great. There are better options outside the hotel to be fair. The rooms on the low level can get some disturbing frog noises in the night so I would request a room on a higher level. Price/value is good and very close to town center and Saturday Night market. Only small downside is the breakfast which is somewhat basic. For a short stay it does the job but on a longer stay this can get a bit dull.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tobi2902

Thank you very much for your kind review.

** And Many thanks for review about dinner and frog noise at night i will keep your comment to relevant head and we will bring the frog to The right place