2,298 results
All reviews horizon club kad cafe chi spa night market premier room health club pool staff the executive lounge pool area club room main restaurant building work beautiful hotel large pool our honeymoon buffet breakfast old city
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Stayed here for 3 days with family of 4. Excellent hotel with great buffet breakfast included with wide variety for Western and Eastern palates. 10 minute walk to old city and 3 minutes to night market. Lots of restaurant choices in the area.
Service and desk staff are excellent. We had 2 connecting rooms and they were well kept. The carpeting was slightly worn which did not bother us but everything else was modern and pristine. Beds were comfortable and bedding was of high quality. We used their laundry service which came out to about $17/kg which might be considered slightly expensive but the laundry was expertly done with same day convenience.
The pool is large with good lifeguards who interacted with the kids. The gym is very good with ample treadmills/crosstrainers, a weight rack and a weight/chinup station.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
FRichter_GM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear kirschpati,

Thank you for your positive comments and for sharing your experience. I am happy to know that we have all made your stay enjoyable. I am glad you also extremely enjoyed our gourmet spread at breakfast as well as the amazing pool set amidst lush tropical gardens.

Look forward to welcome you and family for more enjoyable stays.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

From welcome, throughout stay to departure, we enjoyed a wonderful experience at the Shangri-La in Chiang Mai. Care for detail was apparent and care for their guests. Our room gave you the feeling of always enjoying returning to it. The breakfast buffet displayed a variety of choices and the hotel staff, albeit room for improvement regarding their English skills, always did their best to assist us.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear StephanieC659,

Thank you very much for this wonderful 5 stars review on Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai.

I am pleased to read that your stay was flawless from start to finish, and that you were very impressed with the level of personal service received.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

It is worth the little extra to have the Horizon Club Lounge! The food, beverages and services are TOP notch! My 3 young daughters totally enjoyed the snacks and tea breaks. Personally I enjoyed the fresh fragrant coffee several times a day.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Xaviernites,

It’s a pleasure to read your kind review via TripAdvisor. I am happy that our Horizon Club accommodations accorded with exclusive privileges, breakfast and cocktail hours, dedicated club team and more, made your stay memorable.

My team joins me in thanking you for your generous recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon again.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

It was a Xmas eve, so we decided to go for live music at the lobby lounge. Hmm, everything was good until i started my observation. What was the problem? I was looking for the toilet so i wanted to ask a staff but they were all busy doing their things (such as taking a selfie, dancing at the door and chatting with each other - maybe its a xmas eve, so i forgive that). Staff at the lounge were not bad. Attentive and polite - delivered most of my expectations. The live music was cool ('the latin dance' band) - cheerful singer). We ordered 5 Cocktails and they were about average. My burger on the other hand that went so wrong. It was just a blah, the meat seemed to me a 'well done' which i ordered a medium. And my pork satay, the surface of it all were 30% burnt with black bits on. I finished most of them and packed home the rest anyway. I didnt bother complaining about the food as i did not want to spoil the eve.

Overall, it was ok. I would still go back if i had a chance. It was that bad - i just expected more of a shangri la.

Stayed: December 2016

Dear EnzOnTour,

I am sad to learn that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not having been able to deliver the service and attention that you would have expected.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. Indeed, the feedback we receive from our guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Rest assured that the issues outlined will be carefully reviewed and I hope to have the chance to meet you and make you change your mind upon one of your next trip to SLCM.

We hope to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai in the near future.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Convenient location, comfortable bed, great breakfast buffet, and awesome staff. The people at the Shangri La set it apart from other places. Ms. Noy, Mr Chaow, Mr Not are always eager to help with a smile. Housekeeping (Ms Sunisa) makes you feel like you're home. This is where we will come back to in Chiang Mai.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear JumpJet35,

First of all thank you a lot for being our guest and taking some time to write such a lovely feedback! We really appreciate it and find it very helpful and motivating to receive such a review which confirms us that our guests are happy. It is very nice to hear that we could fully complete your expectations. I will inform Ms Noy, Mr Chaow, Mr Not and Ms Sunisa that you praised their work and hope that next time your stay at our hotel you will be as satisfied as this time.

We thank you again for your explicit and very nice feedback and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again!