All reviewsrooftop baroutdoor bathtubgoipillow menutrendy areanimman areamodern designroom amenitiesbig bathtubour honeymoonsmall buffetspecial thankshotel is locatedthe entire staffamazing hotelwalking distanceperfect stay
Reviewed 3 February 2017

very eclectic!. Too much for us. staff was very helpful. pool entry too inconvenient for us. decor beautiful
unable to find sufficient storage for clothes like cupboards, little drawer space that we could find. didn't understand the mocktails and nightime beverage.

Room Tip: good explanation from staff of general layout. figured out for ourselves little space for storage.
Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_AKMC, General Manager at Akyra Manor Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear Kerry,
Many thanks for having chosen to stay in our hotel amongst so many options in Chiang Mai and taken the time to review your experience with us.
Delighted to hear that you had a nice stay and sorry we missed to explain our services and facilities properly upon check-in, I will look into that with the front office Team.
For longer stay or extra storage need I recommend to book our Manor Suite room category which has plenty of room and extra storage capacities.
We all look very much forward to welcoming you back here your next getaway from New York city!

Warm regards from the entire Team of the akyra Manor,

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Akyra went above and beyond our expectations. This boutique/hipster hotel is a special place. A must stay spot if going to Chiang Mai. The staff is very helpful (Por and Goi), Chef Base is super hospitable and the service is impeccable. Akyra is very clean and close to a lot of hot spots. Thank you Akyra for making our stay special.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having stayed with us and for such kind feedbacks.
We are thrilled to hear that we could make your honeymoon really special.
Please visit us soon again when you make it back to this side of the world and do not hesitate to let me know directly if I can be of any assistance with your travels arrangements.

Warm regards from K Por, K Goi, Chef Base and the entire Team of the akyra Manor Chiang Mai,

Reviewed 1 February 2017

혹시, 한국분들이 제 리뷰를 보신다면 자세히 읽으실 필요없이 그냥 이호텔에 가지마세요. 굳이 돈낭비를 하고 싶지 않으시다면요!

We stayed 2 nights (booked two twin rooms) in Akyra Manor Ching Mai in Jan 2017.

We booked this hotel as this hotel was a top-ranked hotel in Trip Advisor. The top-ranked hotels in tripadvisor hardly disappointed us in the past. However, this was not! I could NOT understand why this hotel was ranked as this much high in Trip Advisor!

Overall, this hotel was totally over-priced and I NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!

Following made us suffering from our stays:
1. Live bands were playing at bars in front of hotels until 1am and rooms were not soud-proof (I even did not open windows)! When I compliant about such unexpected noise to the hotel, the hotel simply offered me an ear plug! After suffering from the 1st night, we changed the room (being bit far away from bars). But it did not help either. If I wanted to enjoy live bands at 1am in Chiang Mai, I would rather stay in cheap hostel not this over-priced hotel.

2. I was totally deceived by photos! The swimming pool was never the same as the main photo of this hotel! The pool is shockingly teeny tiny and they did not have proper area for pool beds!

3. We stayed rooms with twin beds. Twin beds were much smaller than average single bed. I think the room was designed for a king bed only not for twin beds.

4. Quality of service was really bad comparing to other hotels in Thailand. Staff did not properly understand the hotel facilities and their service scope. Staff provided inconsistent information and were not helpful at all!

To provide balanced review, I would also comment a few good things about this hotel:
1. A big bath tub is in the room and it was good to have hot bath after swimming. Water pressure from the shower was also good.

2. Bed linens were clean and there was a smart TV in the room (you can do internet on the TV).

3. Breakfast was big portion and nice.

Room Tip: I stayed at the room on the 3rd floor and every rooms on the 3rd floor are noisy at night.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Regina K

Dear Regina,
Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel amongst so many options available in Chiang Mai during this very busy Chinese New Year.
We are really sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and even more sorry that you did not bring that up during your stay as we could have found a solution on the spot and even booked another hotel for you to save your vacation and lots of frustrations.
I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly at gm.akmc@theakyra,com as I am especially concerned about the quality of service from the staff you complained about and would like to know more as this is not a comment we usually get, quite the opposite actually. Many thanks in advance, I do value your feedback and time.
Good to hear that you enjoyed our oversized semi outdoor bathtub in the room courtyard, water pressure, bed linen, smart TV (A great brand from Seoul I agree..) and our breakfast offer.
Maybe in all fairness and objectivity we did not deserve a one star review after all!

Warm regards from all of us,

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Booked a 3-night stay with my family during Chinese New Year. It's a hip, stylist hotel with very professional and friendly staff! The only comment I have is the small lobby which is almost like a shared space between the hotel restaurant and the reception.

The room is huge and cool semi-outdoor bath tub. Breakfast is amazing and from the apparently-most renowned Italian restaurant in Chiang Mai. Location is also good, short distance walk to the main street in the area.

One point to note, the hotel is situated outside of the old city (about 15 mins by cab from it which is very close). But I much prefer staying in this new hip area with lots of modern cool designed cafes and restaurants than the old city which is generally older and a bit more rundown.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank motmot1006

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having stayed with us during the Chinese New Year and taken the time to share your experience with fellow travelers on line.
We are sincerely delighted to hear that you had such a lovely time with us and especially appreciated the warm and professional service from the Team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance as we look very much forward to welcoming you back here soon again your next getaway from Hong Kong.

Warm regards from all of us at the akyra Manor Chiang Mai,

Reviewed 26 January 2017

A wonderful hotel with excellent staff and facilities. The staff was incredibly helpful with all aspects of my stay, they were able to book tours and activities, make dinner reservations on my behalf and arrange transportation when needed.

Its also worth mentioning the food was excellent in the attached restaurant, Italics.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_AKMC, General Manager at Akyra Manor Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear John,
Thank you so much for having stayed with us and taken the time to share your experience online.
We are thrilled to hear that you had such a lovely time with us and especially enjoyed the service provided by the Team as well as quality of our Italics restaurant.
The entire Team look very much forward to having you back here for more soon again!

Warm regards from all of us at the akyra Manor Chiang Mai,