Baan Suan Residence
BED Phrasingh(Chiang Mai)
US$58
US$54
Agoda.com
Sleep Guesthouse(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$26
  • Breakfast included
Banh Mi Guest House & Restaurant(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$20
  • Breakfast included
V Lodge(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$24
  • Breakfast included
HOSTEL by BED(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$14
Agoda.com
Akyra Manor Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$331
Expedia
US$200
US$168
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My dogs and I loved our stay here. Away (yet very accessible) from the traffic and hustle of the city, spacious grounds and rooms, and close to Huay Tung Tao. We couldn’t have asked for more. The manager was a very pleasant man and truly went out of his way to meet our requests

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2017

This is a great place to stay if u want quiet and peace to rest the mind. Away from the hustle and bustle this quirky hotel's paintings and murals will amuse you as you walk through its hallways & nooks and crannies. There are lots! This is a place for art lovers to find some inspiration. I also learnt that the owners host bi-yearly art gatherings/ exhibitions so you will see a huge area set up for this farther back.

Overall grounds- There isn't much else except be enveloped in Serenity and luxury for a small price. The staff are ever willing to please and will do their utmost best to cater to every question or request - Pure Excellence. :) Room - Huge and tastefully decorated. This hotel is about 30 minutes from town but I didn't mind the commute for the price I pay for this tranquil setting.

I asked them where locals eat and on my last day their concierge brought and accompanied me to a small food shack (walking distance) and had thai beef noodles that truly enjoyed! The restaurant on the grounds were a disappointment, and their sister thai luxury restaurant (2 minute walk) was short of amazing for me so the short trip to the local stall was awesome!

I highly recommend that you book the Cooking class (right behind the hotel - which they will arrange for u) for group class or a private class. It was the highlight of my trip! The school is new, well equipped, clean and beautiful and you get to pick your own herbs & vegetables. The teacher (and owner) is amazing with perfect English with an amazing personality.

If you are looking to escape the hustle & bustle, restore peace in mind and heart, and get a couple of inspirations yourself perhaps, then stay here. It's real value for money.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Baan Suan is located about 30 min drive from the Chiang Mai old city (they provided free pick up) and is exactly what we were looking for. Lovely environment and interesting design - a mixture of modern & northern Thai flair with art pieces on display around the premises.

We stayed at the pool villa which is further out from the reception. The room was amazing, very spacious. Comfy bed too. Since the place is basically surrounded by grass and farmland, do expect some animal/ insect noises during the night. The frogs kept making noises throughout the night. Not much of a problem for me, but you might want to bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

There are also sunbeds and tables set up if you wish to use them. Unfortunately it quite cool when we visited so we didn't really get to enjoy our private pool.

The bathroom comes with 2 wash basins which is always handy. The one thing that i least enjoyed of this place is probably the shower - dated looking green floor tiles, mould/ stains at the ceiling and sides. Such a shame as it kinda ruined the overall experience of my stay.

For breakfast, we were given a choice of Thai food or western (I believe it's toasts and eggs). We had rice porridge one day, and fried rice & noodles the other day. It also comes with fruits and yogurt and the yogurt was soo yummy.

One of the staff spoke good English and was extremely helpful (Sorry I didn't catch your name!). The other staff were friendly too though their English was quite limited.

The Baan Suan restaurant is just across the hotel and there's a small shop selling drinks and snacks. It would be great if they also do room service so that we could have dined at our own patio.

Room Tip: Pool villa
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The Hotel is located in countryside, nice environment, excellent services, staff are helpful, however, the facilities are not enough and old a bit old and out of maintenance.
Overall, is good and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 16 July 2016

My family of 27 occupied almost all the rooms here for our 4 days stay and I must say the villas are amazing. The deco and interior of the lobby and rooms are simply beautiful with sculptures and paintings everywhere and most of the rooms are spacious and big. The garden villa feels simply like home with it's kitchenne and its living room. The cafe served good delicious authentic Thai cuisine and its location by the river is simply calming and beautiful. This boutique hotel has two resident cats and a cute dog and they will sometimes pop up everywhere playing with the birds. It was a good break for all of us having to stay in this lovely quaint hotel and I really love all the interior of their rooms

Room Tip: There is no elevator so for the oldies they can opt for ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family