“Stunning Place with good food”

Woo Cafe & Art Gallery
Ranked #39 of 2,584 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

As soon as we arrive at the outside entrance you will see the greenery of the restaurant after you pass the entrance door inside they all decorated with real flower made you feel like you eat in the garden. For me this take a big effort to make sure all of flowers are alive and it takes really good care. Tonight was full with local and visitor. The restaurant divided by art gallery, shop with all housing decoration really funky and dining area . For the food we have Kao Yum (rice salad) this really nice their staff came to our table and mixed all ingredients in front of us and explained all the ingredients this is very exciting for us. For the garlic prawn the prawn was really fresh and the green pepper corn add up the right flavour to the dish. For the watermelon and dry fish this dish really good too watermelon is sweet refreshing and have some dry fish together it brings out the flavoursome of the dish. Staff really friendly and helpful explained all the dishes for us. I would say the portion size really generous. I would return to this restaurant again when I have time.

1  Thank Aquilabangkok

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Meal: It offers mixed cuisine, Thai, Western dishes and Bakery items. We ordered Tom kha, Pasta, Rice & Steamed fish, Tuna Sandwich, Chicken Wrap and Pesto Sandwich. Followed by Coconut Tart and Apple Crumble Tart.
Atmosphere: It is an eclectic botanical garden inside an art gallery. Such an amazing space to be in.
Value: You definitely get value for the price. In fact, I would highly recommend sharing dishes. They are large portions
Cost: Around 1000 Bhatt for 6 ppl (inclusive of drinks and good food)
Service: It was rather rushed and communication is a little poor. So be sure to have your order repeated.

The most memorable moment being served the tallest glass of Soda Lemon.

1  Thank A-HK B
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Read the reviews and thought it sounded a great place to have lunch. The only table available inside was with other people, so had to sit outside on a bench table while it rained.

Service was appalling, after being shown to our table, and given menus, the wait staff disappeared. After tens minutes we finally had to go looking for someone to take our order.

My dining companion got most of their meal after a long wait but then we had a further fifteen minute wait for mine to arrive, and after that the remainder of my companion’s meal arrived.

Appalling service. The food was ok but certainly nothing special. I had Tom Yum rice with prawns. Usually Tom Yum is a spicy hit with a lovely lemongrass overtone. This was just fried rice with prawns, a real disappointment.

2  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Came here on Sunday 24, 2pm. Parking is very messy and noone helping to manage all cars. Called to restaurant and ask where should I park. They said that I need to park in Ketkaram temple. When I met my friend, had been wait more than 10 mins for waiter to come and take order. Order Crispy Tortilla, all the dips are salty. Foods is just so so. Conclusion... just experience and for 2nd visit... no wayyyy...

1  Thank Wario K
Reviewed 24 June 2018

A "trendy" place with a gallery and gift shop. The gift shop carries not just their own products but selected items from various designers. If one has limited time in Chiang Mai and wants to purchase some local home nic nacs, this is a good choice. The restaurant is frequented by both tourists and "hip" locals.