All reviews main building old wing night bazaar living room old city per night free wifi iced coffee swimming pool hotel service hotel room breakfast buffet lounge area nice pool comfy bed rooms are big gym
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Had some minor issues during check-in but not the fault of the hotel. A helpful staff quickly resolve those issues. As we are group of 10 golfers, a location like this hotel will ideal for you to load and unload and for those with family or appreciate a little quiet evening, this hotel might be ideal as well as not to close to the noise of the busy street especially the night market

Location is all walking distance to night market, bazaar and most eating places. Even nearby to some night clubs yet far enough to not disturb the evening. The breakfast is sufficient to suit asian and western needs. All staff are very friendly and most of them able to converse basic english

Rooms in the hotel are preferred as they also have rooms in those walkup apartment type. The rooms are spacious, very clean and wifi reception are acceptable. The mattress and pillows were just right for me. I am one person who are quite sensitive to mattress and pillows in hotels as not a heavy sleeper. Overall, we had a good stay and would recommend others this hotel to others

Room Tip: Higher floor with rooms facing the main road will be more ideal as the back did not have much view
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I've been deliberating over this review for a while because the hotel had its fault but when it comes down to it, it was very cheap also meaning the review is a difficult one. The review of 3.5 stars would be fair.

OK, when we arrived we booked a cheaper room with breakfast, if i were to go again, I'd ditch the breakfast and have a nicer room. The breakfast was ok, french toast, chicken sausage, fried egg, croissants, thai curry, fruit. Not bad, but also not going to win any awards.

Our room had a front room with a sofa which can be turned into a bed, it was leather mind and wouldn't be the comfortablist to sleep on, not the best to sit on realy! No good for lozaking like the tanned tourist rat I am. it also had a table and chairs nice little living area, with a kettle, fridge, complimentary water and coffee everyday. Nice touch. Then, there was a long corridor to the bathroom which all just felt like wasted floor space, then the bathroom, I think they'd had a few too many changs or singhas before they had this trying to cram a bath, sink, shower and toilet into a small space. The bath was against the far wall with the shower next to it, meaning you couldn't put your feet down properly when sitting on the old toilette (nice imagine of me on the throne I know). This would make a perfect wet room, remove the bath. The girlfriend wasn't a fan either due do the discoloured grout, as a man, I don't care but she didn't feel comforatable.

There was a small tv and dressing table, wardrobes and double bed. Ideally, the tv would be bigger, bed a bit bigger. But there was plenty of storage. So good bedroom all in all. I just think with the floor space it could be a lot better utilised.

Also, no lifts up 3 floors, got a bit of a challenge after a few heavy nights on the sauce! First world problems!

We did have a look around our friends room on the other side of the hotel and this was a lot better, good layout, swinging tv so you could watch it in the lounge or bedroom, good kitchen. All round better. I wish we'd ditched the breakfast and used the budget for this. You get free noodles I was happy with that for brekkie, but also its so cheap to eat everywhere, you could get better grub for your money too,

One thing that did annoy me, and i'm not sure why is that they had constantly gone over tiles with wood, why would you do that? All throughout the room and hallways.

The wifi, well, it was about consistent as my girlfriends moods, and would drop at annoying and lengthy times. As you can see i love a bit of trip advising and lost a few reviews for it, meaning I had to go out for dinner to find wifi and inevitably have lunch. I gather you can see the vicious circle here. Meaning I had to trip advise again.
They probably need to review this, as they kept giving me different passwords to different networks.

The pool was quite small and on the side of the building meaning the sunlight dies around 1pm, so you need to use the morning if you want a tan. There were only 6 sun loungers but there always seemed some available.

The hotel would have recieved a 4 here, but they ultimately annoyed us on leaving day when we needed to get to the airport saying they could take us by taxi. Guess what, it got to our time and no one could help. Raging. So lugged the suitcases over the busy main road and got on the back of a truck. Don't they know who I am? Joking!

Another annoyance, and it goes to my conclusion, having a man taking your bags, I don't want to tip someone when I'm paying 25 quid a night for 2 of us to stay in a hotel. If I was in a swanky hotel then fair enough!

Ultimately, I think this hotel is stuck in the middle of trying to be a good budget hotel while also trying to have the characterisits of an expensive hotel. Be good at what you do. Offering services you don't need to, then messing up,

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2016

Our room was in good shape. The beds are firm, but not hard and they have box springs. Shower pressure was a little low and the water was not too hot. The sign says no "tissue" in the toilet. I'm not sure if that includes toilet paper or not. The sink fixture was a little loose. The door stuck when it was being opened/closed. Small signs of aging, but nothing terrible. Overall the main building looks to be in pretty good shape.

The hotel is in close proximity to some good places to eat. There are some convenient tour guide stands right outside the door. Night Bazaar is nearby.

Wifi is not guaranteed, so don't count on it if you are expecting to get work done.

I didn't interact with the staff much, but they seemed helpful enough.

All in all it was more than adequate for our stay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

A nice hotel in great location. Rooms were clean and tidy, modern and spacious. Bathrooms were fine with good shower and toilet facilities. This hotel is large enough to cater to big groups, yet small enough to maintain is boutique feel and touch. Wifi was a little hit and miss, but not the end of the world. Breakfast is good - standard buffet, pretty normal all across Thailand. Overall we are happy, this place represents exc value for money and we will definitely be back. Thanks

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

First impressions great value for the money, brilliant location 10 minutes walk to night markets and central Chiangmai.
Staff friendly and helpful, rooms very clean and roomy.
Great breakfast catering with a good choice for both European and Thai.
Rooms a little tired but still okay for two to three years. We paid 1500 baht per night which for its location and good quality breakfast for about $60 per night Aussie is great value especially with full breakfast.
Chiangmai has very cheap transport friendly people and great shopping at mostly good prices.
A positive experience, if any negatives it would be hit and miss wi Fi and no hand towels or face clothes in the rooms which we found strange.
We would go back