Book In Advance
Tours from Elephant Nature Park tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$65.80
from US$60.87
from US$26.32
10,213 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Fantastic day. The only true elephant 'sanctuary' in Thailand don't go to any others if you truly care about the way the elephants are treated/kept.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Our day at the elephant park was a once in a lifetime experience. The work the park is doing to help injured/saved elephants is fantastic to see up close. The day at the park flies by with walking tours, getting up and close to the elephants and bathing them. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We did the reservation a few months in advance and we can definitely recommend the Karen Experience!
What we most liked about this specific tour is that you can spend the day with the elephants on their natural habitat and there is no riding (that for us doesn't make sense, as we want their quality of life, rehabilitation and not prejudice their health).
You start the day feeding them, and then for a walk in the jungle. After lunch, be prepared for one of the most memorable moments of the mud bath, followed by the waterfall, beautiful!

2  Thank pistacheviajante
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience and so glad we chose to do the overnight stay! So worth it. Great vegan food and very large and nice cottages.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I was looking forward to this experience the most out of my whole trip to Thailand, and I must say that I was pretty disappointed. Perhaps if you do a different tour, you get a different experience, but we just did the one for the day. The elephants are corralled to wherever you need to be interacting with them, like at the water for example. They're not just hanging out there. They have handlers and do not get to do whatever they want, when they want to. I was pleased to see that they had a dog rescue, though we were never given enough time to go over there and check it out. Our "guide" was very impolite and kept calling my husband " sexy," and I'm sure this was an attempt to elicit and nice tip at the end of the tour. All in all, I enjoyed my time around the elephants but would never ever go to a place like this again. And tourist beware; it make seem like a great photo op to ride an elephant, but they are not on this earth to be ridden, used for work, or abused. So please, if you need to see elephants go to a place like this where they don't ride them and do not go to places that allow it. These elephants were rescued from hard lives and this is the opportunity to enjoy the rest of what they have left.

Date of experience: May 2016