Book In Advance
Tours from Elephant Nature Park tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$65.80
from US$60.87
from US$26.32
10,213 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Reviewed 26 June 2016

My friend wanted to see elephants on our trip to Thailand, so I did my research to find the most ethical options. ENP is one of the few parks that truly has the elephants best interests at heart. We did the one day tour visit with Ice, who was very funny and answered our questions. I liked that they showed videos educating everyone about elephant cruelty on the way to the park. Many people don't understand why riding elephants is cruel! In the future, if I ever return, I'd like to volunteer for a few days. We mostly just walked around and took pictures. It's fun to feed the elephants and give them a 'bath,' but you aren't really doing anything to directly help with the elephants and park maintenance. However, if you do want to see elephants and support a business that treats them well, this is the place to go to.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

we learned about how awful most elephants are treated when they are "broken" in captivity to be trained to do tricks or to exploit their labor. most elephant tours in Thailand involve elephants that are essentially prisoners and slaves. this context was very important when we found Elephant Nature Park... if you are looking for a place to interact with elephants cruelty-free - a place that actually cares for the elephants' well-being - Elephant Nature Park is that place. here, there is no elephant riding. you'll spend your day feeding, walking with and bathing the elephants.

we chose Karen Elephant Tour, which is one of the more expensive tours that Elephant Nature Park offers. it was definitely worth it, as the members of the village are making a commitment to provide for the elephants without exploiting them. Our tour guide was Bancha. and more than being fantastic host and elephant guide, you could feel just how much he loves and cares for these gentle giants.

Elephant Nature Park is 100% a place i'd recommend to family and friends. And the Karen Elephant Experience was without question one of the highlights of our trip.
Thanks Elephant Nature Park. And special thanks to our new friend, Bancha.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Found the park was really good due to you're educated how bad riding an elephant is and the torture they go through to learn how to carry humans but staff were very poor.

Day starts off by feeding the elephants watermelon but the basket is infested with giant wasps so you're uneasy putting your hand in the bucket

You go see the elephants for a while and touch them but then there's a TWO HOUR wait doing nothing.

Lunch is ONLY vegetarian

You don't bathe the elephants you throw a bucket of water over one. Did the full day and it lasted between 10am and 3pm but taking out the 2 hour break its £50 for 3 hours but your money goes to genuinely helping elephants. Park looks like Jurassic Park and it's good they don't ride elephants but not value for money!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

I spent a few days here and it was a truly rewarding experience. Being around these beautiful elephants and knowing that they have been given a new lease on life was amazing. There are a lot of so called elephant "rescues" in the Chiang Mai area but I did my research and decided on this one because the focus is on the elephants' well being - no elephant riding allowed! I have also visited the Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi Kenya which is operated by the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. They rescue and rehabilitate baby elephants orphaned because their mothers were killed by poachers. The babies will melt your heart. Please consider fostering elephants - it does not cost much and it will help support a good cause. These amazing rescues really open your eyes to the plight of elephants not only in Asia but in Africa as well!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 25 June 2016

After doing various research about the elephant parks in Chiang Mai I decided to visit the elephant nature park. On arrival, I still didn't really know what to expect. I had chosen this particular park because I had read it was the most ethical where their main aim is to care for elephants and not make money from elephant rides. After spending the day here I realised what an amazing place the elephant nature park is and how important the work is that they do there. The majority of elephants are handicapped and it was so nice to see them being treated so well. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of my tour guide, it was a lady and she was brilliant with sharing information about each elephant and making everyone in the group feel welcome. We got to bathe and feed the elephants and there was plenty of opportunities for a selfie with the elephants! You get a lot of time with the elephants and lunch is provided so I would say you make the most of your money.