2,793 results
All reviews kasara suite british consulate night market free laundry day bed private lounge ping river cold towels beautiful hotel river view our honeymoon main restaurant large balcony turn down service spa treatments the general manager mini bar
Reviewed 21 October 2015

My husband and I spent the second part of our honeymoon in Chiang Mai and stayed at the Anantara. I was deciding between two hotels and I am SOOOO glad I picked the Anantara! Its such a beautiful and modern hotel! The food and staff were amazing!! I have a severe nut allergy and they took it very seriousl yand made me feel so comfortable eating there. Food was so wonderful at all of the restaurants at the hotel. Shout out to Wee, Gold and Arnaud! Thanks for making our experience so memorable at Anantara! Also, this hotel is a perfect location if you want to walk around and site see! We went to the night markets every night and walked to everything. :) THANKS AGAIN, Anantara Chiang Mai! We so hope to make it back one day!
-Brooke & Alex

Room tip: Garden View is just as beautiful as the River View Rooms!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear BrookeBarit

Thank you for sharing beautiful review of your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort.

It is a pleasure to hear about your amazing story with us. Such positive feedback is extremely valuable to us, since it encourages our team member to deliver the very best experiences from the start to finish of each guest’s stay. Inspiration is a key hallmark of the Anantara brand, and we love to hear the things we are doing exceptionally well, so that we can build on the experiences we offer and make them even more amazing. It’s also crucial to know what matters to our guests the most, and we truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

The property is simply stunning!

They upgraded us to a Kasara suite which we really appreciated, it made our stay!

The rooms was absolutely huge and very tastefully decorated.

The property is stunning to stay the least open plan with water features everywhere!

Don't hesitate to have a couple of nights here on your travels!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aash23
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear aash23

Thank you for sharing stunning review of your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Anantara in Chiang Mai. I had one of the worst hotel stay experiences at the Anantara in Mui Ne, Vietnam so I was nervous about booking this one. I am very glad in the end I did.

The property is beautiful, well-manicured and clean. The building the restaurant and bar is in is actually the old British consulate starting in the 20s. Drinks at the bar during happy hour is a must! We didn't dine at the restaurant but we did take a mini tour and it is very adorable. One of the complaints I have about the bar, and also the reason we opted not to eat in the restaurant on site is because of how little veg options they had! I am vegan and there is not a single thing I would eat on the food menu at the bar! I assumed the restaurant wouldn't be much better so we just didn't bother try. I'd very much like to see more healthy and veg-friendly items on their menu here.

The hotel is located by the river, which means you got a nice river view when you have breakfast each morning. That being said, it's not pretty enough that I'd pay extra for a river view room tho. It is also very close to the night bazaar, which is THE place to go at night in Chaing Mai. Best place to get little fun souvenirs for family and friends back home. While the hotel is in old town, it also means it's truly quiet at night. It's about a 10 minute / 100 baht right to old town.

Our room was nicely decorated and clean. I loved the little patio with the day bed. We ordered room service and ate on the patio one day.

The most outstanding aspect of this hotel is the service. We loved loved our little check-in surprise. All the staff here speak good English, are very on top of things, efficient and very welcoming and friendly. The impeccable service here really was what made our stay go from great to excellent.

I will definitely return if I am ever in Chaing Mai again and I highly recommend this hotel!

Room tip: River isn't that pretty. Don't waste money on river view.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear justinehsu

Thank you for sharing wonderful review of your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort.

Needless to say we always love to make such a positive impression. I will certainly discuss your recommendations with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to making your stay even more amazing in any way we can. Thank you again from your Anantara family in Chiang Mai!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Good hotel, but rooms not up to standard of expectation.

Rooms too dark and need more space to unpack clothing. You are only given one room key and threatened with a bill if you loose it.
The pool and pool staff were wonderful.

Room tip: More light needed, and more space to unpack into.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank davidmainw
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Dear davidmainw

Warm greetings from Anantara Chiang Mai Resort.

Having read the constructive criticism in your recent Trip Advisor review, on behalf of all our team members I would like to apologise for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us.

Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and our aim is not only to meet our discerning guests’ expectations but to exceed them, and as such we are constantly striving to improve the experiences and services we offer.

In respond of in room lighting as we recognise that some of our guests prefer brighter lighting, for instance for reading, shaving or applying make-up, we invite our guests to call reception and request brighter bulbs, which our technical services team will exchange immediately. So next time please reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to assist with any arrangements.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience at The Pool and the team managed to impress on so many levels.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again to show you the very best of Anantara in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

We stayed in Anantara Chiang Mai for five nights. We had a great experience. This is the ideal place to relax and enjoy luxury. We stayed in a suite with river view and believe me it was a great choice. Staff paid attention to all details from check in to check out. I have been in many hotels in Thailand , but this one is really one of the top i have visited. Great location too, just a few steps far from the night market, just in the heart of the city. Highly recommended if you visit Chiang Mai

Room tip: River view rooms are exceptional
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Marija S

Thank you for sharing great review of your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort.

On behalf of all our associates, we appreciate you taking the time and effort to post your comments and are delighted to receive such glowing praise. We are very proud of the warm hospitality and exceptional service we offer, and I shall certainly pass on your feedback to our team members.