All reviews ping river night market old city travel service overlooks the river halal food small restaurant rooms are basic travel desk home away from home bit dated early check within walking distance stayed here for nights the ground floor quiet area guesthouse
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Dont know why this guest house is highly recommended. I was deeply disappointed. Only good thing: the host is super friendly and there's a little garden. But the room was dark, dirty, old and worn-out. Thank god we just stayed one night, because I felt very uncomfortable. The guest house is located outside the old town of Chiang Mai, so you have to walk 25-30 minutes to the city center, which is okay. The windows have mosquito protection, but we still had to kill some, but well.. thats kinda normal.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

The owners and staff are super friendly and helpful, the location is quite Centrical, close to everything but it is super quiet. The bed is is comfortable, the room equipped with everything you need and super clean. The restaurant is with river view and the food is super delicious! I would definitely come back!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We stayed at the Galare Guest House for 12 nights in the middle of February, 2018. We found it to be a very enjoyable experience. The location is very close to the Night Market, looks out over the river, and is within walking distance of the Old Town. The staff and especially the tour operator, Doo, are very friendly and efficient. The small restaurant is open from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm and serves a limited menu of good quality food. The only down sides is that the room was fairly dark and the bathroom small.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Including me. Yeah it's a nice, quiet kind of place. I saw lots of older guests staying here and I got the impression that many of them were people who keep returning back here year after year. It is an older hotel that is clean and well maintained and located off the river (canal?). Also you can walk to the night market in about 5 minutes. I really enjoyed having coffee in morning at the tables near the water. Rooms are basic, a bit dated but certainly kept clean and well worth what we paid. Friendly staff who works here includes some nice ladies who run the kitchen. I don't think they include breakfast in their room rates but the food was good and reasonable enough. The lady at the travel desk, Dhoo, is very sweet and helpful with advice and making plans. The the only negative thing I got to say is that the water pressure could have been a little bit stronger. We were on the third floor.

1  Thank scottofhawaii
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is old, seems like a guesthouse. No toothpaste, nothing in the fridge. Blanket is strange. I've seen something like that before. Anyway the hotel have a good location and nice staff. I like the garden which have a flower I like most.