All reviews ping river minute walk old city quiet area small gym restaurants and bars nice pool room was large hotel is located clean hotel fresh fruit laundry service riverside kettle taxis pillars gate
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

This Hotel situated in a small street in a reasonably quiet area is only 3kl from the centre of town.
Our room was a nice size with a bath & seperate shower.
Air - Con was very effective although a little noisy but not enough to be a problem.
We were both impressed with how clean our room was, the king size bed was a little hard, but that's Thailand.
Although the breakfast offered had limited choices, it was cooked well & the fruit was fresh.
I have to say, the pool was the cleanest l have seen in Thailand & l've stayed at plenty of Hotels.
The small garden area at the front of the Hotel has a coffee shop worth a visit.
To get around don't bother with air-con cabs or tut tuts as they are expensive, use the red taxis that are constantly cruising.
Show him the map of where you want to go & confirm price before getting in the back.
You should not pay more than 30bht per person.

2  Thank keenskier3481
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

When I returned to my room after a day trip to the city outskirts, I immediately noticed that something is amiss. The zipper of my suitcase is in a different position from where I left it. I started to feel really uneasy as it reminded me of a hotel stay in Thailand some years back.

" .... THROWBACK to my hotel stay some years ago ... my friends and I didn't want to bring all our cash out, so we set aside a pool of money and left it in my bag , inside a folded shirt, and then carefully placed under a big stack of folded clothes. There was no safebox in the room. When we returned to our room, we counted the money and realized we were missing a few notes in the wad of cash. Whoever the person is, he was hoping we would not notice a few notes missing. He was wrong.... "

BACK to the present ... Since that incident, I have learnt to carefully make notes of the way I left my bag whenever I leave my hotel room. And I would check that it is exactly what it was when I left it. I would also take photos and change the positions (of zippers, tags, clothes draped over the bag etc) everyday. I now only leave clothes in my suitcase in the hotel room.

I noted that :

(1) the day my bag was searched co-incided with the day I went on the day trip to the city outskirts. I had booked this day trip with the hotel's front desk 2 days earlier. My bag was not searched in the days before and after my daytrip. I stayed in Sakorn Hotel for 1 week.

(2) The person who searched my bag even opened up the zipper which house the steel brackets of the suitcase and had left it slightly opened thereafter.

(3) The front zipper of my suitcase had some food stains on it so I guess this person's hands was unclean when he touched my bag

I am lucky I didn't lose anything valuable this time. Even though the hotel is situated in a good location, I would not be a guest again. I am very disturbed that the hotel staff to which guests entrust their safety with in a foreign land would stoop to doing such things.

15  Thank waka88waka
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

very reasonably priced for a basic hotel on the quiet, residential side of the Ping River. The rooms and service are clean, and bed is huge. The breakfast is good - fresh fruit -and eggs are great. The young lady at reception speaks good English and is very helpful with where to go. There's always a Song Tau ready to taxi you about. Excellent value

1  Thank Gabrielle R
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Sakorn Residence is a nice quiet Boutique Residence that offers good service and clean , comfortable rooms. It is right around the corner from WatKate and the fabulous Woo Restaurant. Sakorn has a pool for cooling off after a long day of sightseeing.
Within minutes of walking distance are Hush Kitchen Japanese Restaurant as well as Hinlay Curry restaurant. Bake and Bite , another fabulous breakfast and lunch place is a 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: 5th floor offers double rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 28 April 2017

The Sakorn Residence and Hotel is outside the busy Old City, but only a 20 minute walk away. Very convenient to the night markets which are opened from 4.30pm till midnight.
The rooms are large, with a narrow, but usable balcony, and our air-conditioner was super efficient and very cold. Complimentary breakfast every morning was a pleasant bonus, even though limited choice. The pool area was clean and quiet, the staff were very helpful, and for the tariff per night, the Hotel is good value.
Not luxurious, but comfortably pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family