7 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$115
Hotels.com
Expedia
11,997 results
All reviews krungthep wing horizon club the river riverside lounge chi spa health club the main hotel balcony room dinner cruise thai restaurant evening cocktails breakfast buffet five star hotel our honeymoon wonderful hotel sky train station night market
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021

Great value for a 5 star hotel And during this period, use the right to reduce 40% from government programs.
The view of the room is very beautiful, suitable for relaxing. Without having to drive far with the best service!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank areewanp2021
Communications SLBK, Owner at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Dear areewanp20212,

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for choosing to stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok and for sharing your beautiful review on TripAdvisor.

It gives us pleasure to read your review and learn that your experience was exceeded your expectation. Thank you for your patronage and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

These are difficult times. I understand that. But I booked my ASQ at this hotel for two reasons. First, that a high-end hotel would take good care of me. And second, because they had balcony rooms and that would help preserve my sanity.

First, I was fairly stressed out and didn’t feel all that safe. Why? On my first morning at the hotel, while taking a bath, human waste bubbled up on the floor of my shower, a couple of feet away. Not a little, but covering it. I was shocked, disgusted, and frightened. Covid is transmitted in human waste. The hotel treated this as an “inconvenience” when it was a biohazard and a shocking lapse in safety. I changed rooms, but had to worry for over a week about a possible dangerous exposure (I am at high risk). I have photos but they are too revolting to post here.

Next, there was an incident with the BNH Hospital nursing staff. You may (or may not) have heard about first one nurse, and finally 6-7 becoming infected. This happened during my stay. These nurses were serving the Pullman and Meridien ASQ’s (but Shangri-La claimed they had nothing to do with this hotel), and Shangri-La is just a few blocks away and also part of the BNH support staff. So I received no real information and had to worry about whether I had been exposed by the staff that was there to protect me (or so I thought).

Others have described the food (reminds you of the old joke, the food was meh and the portions too small). When you are in “jail” for 15 days all you have to break the boredom are the meals. They’re pretty heavy on the Thai items (inexpensive, I guess), with few Western items and few Chinese also. Nothing to drink but bottled water or coffee/tea unless you want to pay $5 for a soda or something. No alcohol whatsoever (I know it’s from the Health Ministry, but a glass of wine at dinner doesn’t cause Covid).

After your second negative test (I believe day 7), you’re allowed 30 minutes of “relaxation” each day. By relaxation I mean being escorted by a terrified guy wrapped in plastic to a chaise on a concrete walkway by the river, complete with mosquitoes and diesel fumes. 5 minutes of this “relaxation” was enough for me - my balcony had neither mosquitoes nor fumes.

Leaving was needlessly complex. I couldn’t have a car pick me up at the Krungthep Wing, and was offered a tuk tuk to the main building (I had a number of bags, this was problematic”), or a hotel limo (costing something like $70-80 to go a mile to my next hotel). Finally, after much discussion I was able to have a car pick me up (providing a full description of the car and license number, of course).

Is this place worth 125,000 baht? I didn’t feel all that safe or well cared-for, so no, not really. If you want a balcony ASQ room at lower cost, I might consider the Movenpick Resort.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank trvlin_man
Communications SLBK, Owner at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Trvlin_Man,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience with us.

We are disappointed to learn of the issues encountered during your stay. Please allow us to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience caused to you and thank you for highlighting the areas that require improvement. Rest assured that this is not the experience that we strive to deliver to our guests and we will work on the necessary actions to improve on our product and services.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust in our brand. Please do contact me directly via my e-mail joanne.chung@shangri-la.com so I can personally look after your arrangement for a flawless stay.

We are looking forward to an opportunity to potentially welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

That's good place the staff who name Imm and all service good excellence
Food good taste staff service good excellence
Table : i came early around 17:00 hrs. Sun slightly hot but in the evening the weather is to cold good place i will be back here.

1  Thank V4338ERjanen

Dear V4338ERjanen,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you had a magical visit with us and that our service met your expectation so far. My colleagues and I assured you that we will continue to strive the higher Shangri-La standards as well as service so that your next visit will be another beautiful one. We hope to welcome you back to our riverside sanctuary soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2021

Very best service of staffs and warming experience.

Miss Yuwannee and Miss PIS are very attentive and make us very impressive.
Dining is full of variet of choices.

Recommended for celebrating with friends and family.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank suparata2021

Dear suparata2021,

Thank you for visiting Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok recently.

We would like say thank you for your kind review and your compliments to the team for their great dedication towards our guest. Please allow me to share your compliments to our team, ensuring that we will continuously striving the best Shangri-La’s standards of service for your future pleasant stay.

We awaits to serve you once again not in too distant.

Reviewed 5 January 2021

We spent 16 days there with an efficient reservation, friendly staff, including “mediators” (Thanks to Khun Yue and F&B manager Jose ).

Thai food and desserts mostly good and nurse helpful, even for small problems like wound healing or blood pressure check.

Not that great were the sent SQA regulations, not friendly presented, missing information like no room cleaning during 7 days and daily 30 minutes outside walk after 7 days.

No alcohol allowed , (no medical reasons) and too long 16 days ( government regulations since worldwide prescription is max. 10 days .)

Western meals warm-cold, not tasty, not properly cooked.

Our room was close from a 6 driving lines bridge, sky train and river barges, 24 h/ day, impossible to use terraces.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Pierre V
Communications SLBK, Owner at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Dear Pierre V,

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La hotel, Bangkok and for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your compliments to Khun Yue, Khun Jose and our service colleagues who have bestowed your Shangri-La moments.

We are truly sorry to hear that some aspects of your experience fell short of expectations pertaining to some missing information, the sound disturbance during your stay and the taste of our western meals. Please accept my apologies and rest assured your comprehensive feedback has been shared with the department heads of the concerned areas to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better on a return visit should your travels bring you back to Bangkok. I assure you the team will do their best to better impress and deliver a seamless experience.