3,598 results
All reviews the club lounge ambassador member central world corner suite the holiday inn chit lom bts station pillow menu rooftop pool siam paragon erawan shrine major shopping malls excellent hotel top floor rooms are spacious breakfast buffet fitness center concierge
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My recent stay at Hotel Intercontinental Bangkok was enriched with positive experience. Things were worked well with dedicated hotel staff members especially the front desk manager, Khun Nanji from Arab. He managed by requests in a professional manner and he is able to empathize my situation travelling with my mother who is 78 years old.

The whole experience was a pleasant one and I would like to recommend to anyone who is considering to visit Bangkok either for business or leisure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Amanda A,

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review and for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your high praise of our service. I also appreciate your compliments of our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your trust towards “InterContinental” brand, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

My wife and I are here for 8 nights, leisure and family event. As an Ambassador member, I expected a room upgrade which I did not get. But we were given free breakfast during our stay and some other discounts, which were greatly appreciated. Front Desk is 50 -50. Great check in, one other interaction where the fellow at the desk didn't know what a Starbucks is. But his colleague quickly stepped in and was extremely helpful. No real complaints, the room is good, the floor is quiet, we'll be back next trip to BKK.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Siam-Orchids,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

In July 2018, I checked out the InterContinental Bangkok, situated minutes away from the Chit Lom Skytrain station as well as the popular CentralWorld shopping complex and other surrounding shopping malls. The hotel's convenient location, beautiful city views from the high-rise rooms as well as the ever-reliable Club InterContinental experience makes InterContinental Bangkok a good choice for your Bangkok luxury hotel stay.

My initial booking was for two nights at the 45sqm King Bed Club InterContinental Room (about 10,100THB/night), with one of the nights free courtesy of the complimentary weekend night certificate I received upon signing up for the InterContinental Ambassador programme. However, by some miraculous act of heavenly blessing, beyond my guaranteed room upgrade,  I was further upgraded to the sprawling 100sqm King Bed Ambassador Suite (about 38,000THB/night), which is the second highest room category just below the Presidential Suite. I guess they must appreciate my unassailed loyalty to the IHG brand.

Situated on one of the highest floors of the property, the King Bed Ambassador Suite is blessed with a marvellous view of the city by virtue of its floor-to-ceiling windows for most of its space (save for the bedroom area, which is a bit of a shame). The work desk is located within the living room area, which is connected to the bedroom via a pantry corridor where the refrigerator and Nespresso coffeemaker are located.

One of the highlights of the Ambassador Suite is the massive bathroom, which comes with rain-shower facilities and is also impressively equipped with a  jacuzzi-jet bathtub for your foamy soaking pleasure. The long corridor that is the bathroom is a glorious beneficiary of the room's natural lighting, being terrifically open and exposed if you are particularly generous with broadcasting your bathroom activities, although (un?)fortunately the bathtub area is curiously shielded from pervy birds' prying gazes due to strategically-placed window shutters. Amenities are from Agraria, and are fairly vapid in their citric agenda.

The InterContinental Ambassador gift for this property is a robed mascot bear, and I appreciate that the property continues to maintain individuality and quality in the choice of souvenir.

InterContinental Bangkok's Oasis Pool is situated on the highest floor of the property, 37 stories above the city, and the pool plays it all (desert) resort island enclave in its trees-y, earthern pot stylings. Elsewhere, the hotel's enormous Infinity Fitness gym is quite possibly the most impressive hotel gym I have ever seen, with rooms for group exercise classes, full-on locker rooms, grooming stations, jacuzzi and sauna facilities as well as on-site personal trainers at your disposal. Crikey.

Spa InterContinental offers an extensive range of treatments, including massages, skin therapies, baths as well as signature treatments. The spa uses HARNN products, which I have very fond memories of from my experience at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort.

Breakfast is served at Espresso, the hotel's all-day buffet dining concept situated on the 2nd floor. Guests are given numbered slips which they have to use when they order dishes a la minute from the various stations, and the dishes are served to their tables. The international breakfast spread was decidedly standard and unremarkable, save for a notable selection of Middle Eastern options such as tahini, pita bread and various manakish dishes available to cater to the hotel's specific clientele.

The sheer volume of hungry (and, based on my observation, often disgruntled and grumpy) diners during breakfast hours, as well as the relatively dim lighting of the premises, is unlikely to encourage dining guests to stay for long. Guests are better off enjoying a much less frantic morning at Club InterContinental.

The basement Fireplace Grill and Bar offers grilled meats and seafood, while Summer Palace serves Cantonese cuisine and dim sum, with an All-You-Can-Eat Dim Sum menu every day for the bamboo basket-obsessed. Theo Mio is a casual, Italian sharing-plates concept helmed by award-winning chef Theo Randall. On the lounge side of things, Balcony Lounge is where long tressed and flower dressed ladies can head to for afternoon tea and coffee service, while moustached and beret-wearing men with walking canes can enjoy a macho cigar and a fine glass of whiskey neat at Humidor Cigar Bar.

Located on the 37th floor next to the Oasis Pool, the Club InterContinental offers buffet breakfast, all-day snacks and juices, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails and canapés. The Club InterContinental thoughtfully seats families with children as well as bigger groups in the spacious main dining area, away from the blazered businessmen and holidaying couples who can thus enjoy their manly business conversations and sexy whispers respectively at the sofa seats along the windows facing the city.

The food selection is commendable. For breakfast at Club InterContinental, aside from a small buffet spread, dishes from the menu are served a la minute, with the menu comprising Thai options such as Pad Thai as well as traditional morning favourites such as pancakes and waffles. Afternoon tea is a tier affair, with a selection of sweets and savouries for your languorous mid-day indulgence. For evening cocktails and canapes, besides more cocktails, beers and wines than your liver protector permits, guests can help themselves to the buffet spread of cold cuts, cheeses and other canapes as well as the individual platters of hot canapes. In addition, a standalone hot food station serves the club's hearty hot dish of the day - think beef wellington and steak. You are likely not to require dinner.

Whilst InterContinental Bangkok may not be the bright and shiny new kid on the block - that would be Waldorf Astoria Bangkok and Park Hyatt Bangkok - the hotel's brand of classic, sincere hospitality makes it a reliable option for your Bangkok luxury experience.

More on Secret Life of Fatbacks, my personal website.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank secretlifeoffatbacks

Dear secretlifeoffatbacks,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a gentle and detailed comments after your recent with us.

It is always a reason for pride to know that our guests appreciate our location in the heart Bangkok and our service meet their expectations.

I will have the honor of sharing your review with all the team.

With the hope of welcoming you back here soon,

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent city hotel with attentive service throughout. The gym has impressive view across the city with nice big jacuzzi. Smallish but a bit smart pool with bar serving snacks and sandwiches. Tasty breakfast on mezzanine floor. Close to the Central World Shopping mall too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Skygotraveller
Management response:Responded 16 August 2018

Dear Skygotraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found the location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

With the check in already done in the limousine ride from the airport, we were welcomed in the executive lounge, upgraded to a suite and from there on had a great five days at the Intercon. Impeccable service and little extras. One evening the chefs did a demonstration of how to prepare spicy green papaya salad, it was both mouth watering and eye watering! From this location we explored Bangkok in various directions, it is well connected to the public transport, and always great to come back to after a day of shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple