2,626 results
All reviewsclub carlsonrooftop poolgreat hotelasok btsquiet streetexecutive roomtuk tukthe main roadconcierge staffmassage placesmin walkrain showerconvenient locationstayed here for nightslate checkbreakfast spreadmodern hotel
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This hotel is on a relatively 'quiet' street. The staff are very welcoming and friendly and helpful always. The room was spacious and modern, as was the bathroom. The breakfast was amazing with such a wide variety of western and Thai food. It is centrally placed for the metro and the sky train and there are many reasonable restaurants including one with street food just outside towards the right. There is also a convenient mini supermarket nearby. We had stayed at 5 different hotels on this holiday and this one was the best.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ParkPlazaBangkok, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Good Morning Maria R,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a 5 star review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your comments on our hotel,staff,the room, breakfastt in our restaurant and location and will make sure we will read your review at our morning meeting.
Thank you again for the positive review and we hope to see you again upon your next visit to Bangkok. Please make sure you contact our reservations team so we can make sure you get the best rate available.

Kind Regards,
Ray
Office of the General Manager
Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 Sukhumvit
reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We stayed four nights in January 2018. The rooms and décor are a little tired. Great pool that you can actually get a good swim in. Good breakfast. Comfy bed. Friendly staff. Good location.
Avoid 5th floor unless you're a smoker.
The upgrade to an executive room isn't worth the money.

Room Tip: Good local restaurant next door - Palm @ 18.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I booked (and paid for) three nights commencing 10th January 2017.
However my plans changed and on 9th January I emailed the hotel to tell them that I would not be arriving until 12th January for only one night. I would therefore forfeit the nights of 10th and 11th.
I arrived at the hotel at 7pm on 12th January and they refused to let me stay unless I paid again. They said that because I was a "no show" on 10th they cancelled the entire booking. They said they did not get my email even though I showed them my outbox on my laptop. They said the email address was wrong even though this was their published email address on the contact page of their website.
What a rip-off!!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaSoi18, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi Julian,

Thank you for contacting me after seeing my response to your review. I am hopeful you will update your review to better reflect the situation as I have done with my reply.

I still believe your comments in the above are not fair

- You made a booking for 3 nights 9th to 12th
- You did not arrive on the 9th, so we charged a 1 night cancellation fee and cancelled the booking. We did not charge you for the last 2 nights
- We contacted your travel agent to advise we had charged one night only and had cancelled the booking. They would be free to refund the final two nights.
- You arrived at our hotel on the 11th and showed us the email you had sent to advise, however it was sent to Park Plaza Sukhumvit (on the 9th), not our hotel Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18.
- We asked you to wait while we tried to find a solution; you walked out of the hotel and stayed at another hotel. If you had waited you could have stayed with us
- We have offered to help with your travel agent to get the refund processed, will await your feedback on this.

We only charged one night on the first night as we held this room for you.

I would understand your rating if we had charged all nights, or been rude to you, or you had sent the email to our hotel and we missed it. This is not the case though and we have tried very hard to help sort this out on the night of your arrival and personally from me over the last couple of days.

I am looking forward to hearing from you further so we can make sure the refund from your agent was processed.

Regards,

Paul Halford

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Another quality stay in one of my favourite Bangkok hotels. I have stayed here once before and the second time was just as good. This time I added the breakfast to my room rate and I can tell you it was very good and worth the added cost. Egg station, salad bar, Thai food, cereals, breads, etc etc and nice coffee.

I stayed in one of the Executive suites, the rooms are much bigger and good value.

Soi 18 is a quiet little street with some nice restaurants, coffee shops and massage shops.

P Kitchen restaurant next door I can highly recommend, the sea bass is excellent.

Room Tip: Executive Suite
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
ParkPlazaBangkok, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Good Morning 961Mark43,
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our property.
Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel, breakfast, room and location. I am glad to see why you picked our hotel as we strive for good value for money and will make sure we read your review at our morning meeting.

Kind Regards,
Ray
Office of the General Manager
Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 Sukhumvit
reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Reviewed 10 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
ParkPlazaBangkok, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018