2,626 results
All reviewsclub carlsonrooftop poolgreat hotelasok btsquiet streetexecutive roomtuk tukthe main roadconcierge staffmassage placesmin walkrain showerconvenient locationstayed here for nightslate checkbreakfast spreadmodern hotel
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I booked (and paid for) three nights commencing 10th January 2017.
However my plans changed and on 9th January I emailed the hotel to tell them that I would not be arriving until 12th January for only one night. I would therefore forfeit the nights of 10th and 11th.
I arrived at the hotel at 7pm on 12th January and they refused to let me stay unless I paid again. They said that because I was a "no show" on 10th they cancelled the entire booking. They said they did not get my email even though I showed them my outbox on my laptop. They said the email address was wrong even though this was their published email address on the contact page of their website.
What a rip-off!!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaSoi18, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi Julian,

Thank you for contacting me after seeing my response to your review. I am hopeful you will update your review to better reflect the situation as I have done with my reply.

I still believe your comments in the above are not fair

- You made a booking for 3 nights 9th to 12th
- You did not arrive on the 9th, so we charged a 1 night cancellation fee and cancelled the booking. We did not charge you for the last 2 nights
- We contacted your travel agent to advise we had charged one night only and had cancelled the booking. They would be free to refund the final two nights.
- You arrived at our hotel on the 11th and showed us the email you had sent to advise, however it was sent to Park Plaza Sukhumvit (on the 9th), not our hotel Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18.
- We asked you to wait while we tried to find a solution; you walked out of the hotel and stayed at another hotel. If you had waited you could have stayed with us
- We have offered to help with your travel agent to get the refund processed, will await your feedback on this.

We only charged one night on the first night as we held this room for you.

I would understand your rating if we had charged all nights, or been rude to you, or you had sent the email to our hotel and we missed it. This is not the case though and we have tried very hard to help sort this out on the night of your arrival and personally from me over the last couple of days.

I am looking forward to hearing from you further so we can make sure the refund from your agent was processed.

Regards,

Paul Halford

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Another quality stay in one of my favourite Bangkok hotels. I have stayed here once before and the second time was just as good. This time I added the breakfast to my room rate and I can tell you it was very good and worth the added cost. Egg station, salad bar, Thai food, cereals, breads, etc etc and nice coffee.

I stayed in one of the Executive suites, the rooms are much bigger and good value.

Soi 18 is a quiet little street with some nice restaurants, coffee shops and massage shops.

P Kitchen restaurant next door I can highly recommend, the sea bass is excellent.

Room Tip: Executive Suite
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
ParkPlazaBangkok, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Good Morning 961Mark43,
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our property.
Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel, breakfast, room and location. I am glad to see why you picked our hotel as we strive for good value for money and will make sure we read your review at our morning meeting.
Thank you again for the positive review and we hope to see you again upon your next visit to Bangkok. Please make sure you contact our reservations team so we can make sure you get the best rate available.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
ParkPlazaBangkok, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We were here for holiday wid friends, the hotel is in a very good area Sukhumvit. The hotel is very well maintained and the staff is just too nice and friendly. You can go there without any worries. Will go there again if flying to bangkok again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Good Morning Arkitectjay,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a 5 star review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your positive comments on the hotel, staff. I am glad to see why you picked our hotel as we strive for good value for money.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 Sukhumvit upon your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Nice and lovely hotel. Great roof top swimming pool and bar. Friendly, smiling and much helpful staff. Close to city centre, BTS, Metro and shopping. Last time we stayed here was in Oct and I lost an item. I contacted the hotel and they found it and would save it until next time for pick it up. And this time I could pick it up and it was all there! Much appreciated! Thank you! Would always stay here again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda N
ParkPlazaBangkok, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Good Morning Linda N,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a 5 star review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your comments on our hotel,pool,staff and location. I am glad to hear that lost and found and will make sure we will read your review at our morning meeting.