All reviews m club infinity pool rooftop bar residential suite lemongrass tea platinum recognition thai sweets guest service manager incredible stay front office team favorite hotel shuttle van executive lounges every employee amazing property lounge staff evening snacks
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Great hotel! We stayed at the Marriott for three days and it was such a beautiful hotel!

We had booked a suite and the room was impeccable! Super clean with all the amenities. The suite can comfortably sleep up to four people as there ends up being two sofas and one king size bed.

The conseriege was very helpful throughout our trip. We asked for suggestions to restaurants, activists sans taxis. Whenever we ordered a taxi they ensured that the driver would put their meter on. Only downfall would be we asked consensus for a spa to get a massage and we were directed to a reasonably priced one but it was not what we expected. It is 100 meters from the hotel and from the lobby area it looks fine. They also make you pay before your massage. There was no massage table and they had a mat set on the ground. The massage was inconsistent and there was no proper room. To her to the “massage room” there was a set of stairs with no railing. We had a group of four and were put in a large room where each space was separated by thin curtains. Therefore just be mindful of this is not the experience your are looking for.

We had breakfast included which was okay. Big buffet but majority of it consists of Asian cuisine. Service here was good! We had two people on our group who are vegetarian therefore options for them were limited. Enjoyed their stuffed pancakes that they make into a fish shape.

The pool area is phenomenal! Such a great view. We went in the evening for a swim but even though it was 30 degrees outside. The water was chilly. However worth the swim!

Overall awesome experience. The Marriott never disappoints!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Rosie M
george v, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Rosie M,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful comments following your recent stay experience at the Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Just operate for a few months this Marriott Hotel have already achieve the standard of legendary service. The person I met is Endre from Eastern Europe and the Lounge manger M Club Surassada Makasup. They have settle and plan my room requirement due to the last min plan.

The first Hotel that I know of the Executive Lounge operate 24hours service. Both cater to those who wanna outside of Aircon and within the M Club. Good for families and business trip

Beside that you are expecting even the service lift maintenance crew to greet you with such a wonderful smile.

Staffs interacted a lot with the customers from the front door to all the backends. If you have not been there is will be a shame for not staying there while you are in Bangkok. Keep up the good job Marriott guys. Cheers

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank SAM L

Dear SAM L,

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is excellent for the price. Building and rooms are nice and the breakfast buffet at Pattaya was impressive. The rooftop bar has incredible views for an unforgettable sunset. Infinity Pool area is very nice but small.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sylviaa59

Dear sylviaa59,

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I love the design of the property. It's very luxurious and chic, with a touch of Thai tradition. The breakfast at Praya Kitchen is also very impressive with its wide variety of options. The Lobby Lounge is a really beautiful and relaxing place to hang out at.

There are however several areas the hotel can improve on. First, the front desk staff could be more attentive and thoughtful. When I arrived at the front desk to check in, there were staff at three counters, with only one attending to a guest. Neither of the other two acknowledged my presence or offered to help; they looked more interested doing other things. At the very least, they could have asked me to wait in line at another counter.

When I finally checked in at the only counter that seemed to be attending to guests, the staff didn't tell me where the elevators were. The staff at most luxury hotels would direct me to the elevators, and inform me things such as the need to flash my room card to access certain floors.

During check-in, I was informed that I was given a complimentary upgrade to an executive room due to my elite status. I had assumed that meant I had access to the executive club lounge (M Club), which was further confirmed when I logged into my Rize-Carlton mobile app. But after I failed to access the club lounge floor, I was informed by front desk that only my room was "upgraded", not my access. As far as I could tell, the only difference between an executive room and a standard room is the access to the club lounge; everything else, such as room size, is the same. I'm not sure why the front desk would raise my expectations only to fail to meet them.

Second, the level of cleaning service in various parts of the property can be improved. On one day, I returned to my room at about 3pm and my room was still undone, even though I had switched on the housekeeping sign. In most hotels, the room would be done by noon. On another day, I went to the gym and saw that the bathrooms were extremely filthy, with no more bathroom tissue (see photos). This was in the middle of the day, when you would expect cleaning to be most thorough, not during the night. Breakfast at Praya Kitchen also felt like a constant mess, with service trolleys filled with filthy plates and placed right beside a dining table.

Third, while the breakfast had a wide variety of options, I felt that the quality of food was very average, which is surprising by Bangkok standards. As an example, the broth used for the noodle soup was very bland.

Lastly, I would recommend that Marriott consider rebranding this property as a JW Marriott, and upgrading all the room amenities. The Marriott standards simply don't do justice to the beauty of this building. For instance, the bathrobe and bedroom slippers just felt like a low quality, which seemed inconsistent with the luxurious feel of the property. In addition, I'm surprised that a new hotel like this isn't more technologically equipped. It was quite a hassle to have to draw the curtains because they're behind the huge couch. I would have expected there to be a switch to draw them automatically. There also isn't a master switch to switch off all lights; I had to switch off each of them one at a time.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the MahaNakhon (I think 01, 03, 05)
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank ChesterChua
george v, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear ChesterChua,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments following your recent stay experience at the Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse.

Your opinions are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests and in ensuring that your expectations are met on each visit. I am delighted to learn that you like our hotel’s design and facilities.

However, I am concerned to learn that you were disappointed in some areas, and I can ensure that we will look into this immediately for further improvements.

We do hope that in spite of the shortcomings, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so that we are able to remedy the poor impression created on this occasion.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel for the wonderful views and proximity to the tours. In turned out the staff was the best part of our trip. The staff is personable and very friendly. The "Thai way" is a calm, geniune welcome. Every one of their employees embody this wonderful embrace. Dao is the manager on 31st floor. She is always smiling and is your go to when planning any tours. Golf ,the morning cook, serves the best omelettes in the hotel. See for yourself. They work in great unison Phuen, Kwang, and Atta all buzz around consistently attentive to your needs. Never bothersome and everything is done in good taste. I highly recommend this hotel for its location and thank the staff for their excellent service. Kob Kun Krab

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends