All reviews hot water private balcony milk tea trekking guide guest house rooms are clean quiet location annapurna circuit place to stay guesthouse hem wifi nepal hostels yoga ktm
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The home stay is located fairly good, the rooms are expectable and there is hot water.
The staff though was extremely unfriendly and rude. I won’t recommend to go there!When we left the guy at the reception said the prices on booking.com aren’t correct and tried to make us pay more. He refused to unlock the gate to let us out. When we refused to pay, he finally let us go.
Don’t go there!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
peaceNepal, Owner at Family Peace House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you Gilles for your stay experience in one day. I have no in idea how you can experience this much stuff in one day. First of all It's guest house not home stay and I have something to clarify. You booked through booking.com where you only book a room but you don't pay any money. But you insisted that you paid already through booking.com and that is reason our staff didn't want to open gate until you pay. We didn't overcharge ....note you paid $7 for double room with shared bath. Please be honest and try to accept local terms and condition.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Family Peace House at the end of October 2017 for 2 nights and I would not recommend this hotel. The room I was given was nothing like the photos when I booked it. There were no sheets on the bed, just a very used blanket. I had to use my sleeping bag to sleep in. There was no hot water in the ensuite bathroom. In the morning when I was leaving one bag while I went trekking, the night porter refused to get up from his sleep to put my bag into the bag storage room. Also, I had arranged with the hotel to be collected from the airport but an hour after arriving at the airport there was no driver to collect me. I phoned the hotel twice, the first time they told me the driver was at the airport waiting for me, the second time they told me the driver would not be coming because of the traffic so I had to organise a taxi myself. I had booked to stay in this hotel for 3 more nights at the end of my trek but I decided to cancel and book a proper hotel. I would not recommend Family ‘Peace’ House.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

We take your review positively. We apologize for airport transfer it was our mistake but our rooms are cleaner than other's and blankets are used but not dirty, every room has two side window, bright, hot water. You are in Nepal and you staying in budget hotel price range between $10 to $20 so what you can expect. You shouldn't have expectation like europe or western. For Nepal terms we are good.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Stayed in a double room with shared washing and toilet facilities. Room looked newly built, bed was very comfy. The breakfast was well priced and tasted great. The host is happy to help with organising taxis and sorting a reasonable price for travellers

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure to know Hemraj before this trip but our room really impressed us! A spacious triple room with a single and a double bed, great mattress and pillows / blankets.

We also had our own bathroom and shower, as well as a private balcony and a shared terrace with this great city view. I highly recommend this hotel and Hemraj as a tour / trekking guide!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Nice rooms, good food and tranquil garden. The staff is always ready to help you with any trip you are planning both in Kathmandu and around Nepal . I kept on coming back to this guest house every time I had to go back to Kath, and this made mi stay in Thamel enjoyable!!

Date of stay: July 2017