“Best seafood ever”

Ranked #15 of 184 Restaurants in Maputo
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When we arrived our taxi was surrounded by what I initially thought were prostitutes, but discovered they work at the fiash market stalls and were competing for business. It was an overwhelming experience trying to find a stall with 15 people shouting out at us at the same time. They harrass you til the very second you take a seat.

Had great flavorful seafood served with beautiful local rice. The seafood mix seems overpriced at 3000MT. There is no ambiance to speak of as merchants selling all sorts of good ambush you rvery 2 minutes and don't want to hear "No".

The place unfortunately does not take card payments though ATM are nearby.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok this has to be the cleanest best run fish market in the world. City has done a good job. Fish is fresh. Not the cheapest but it’s close to town. I’m sure there is a local price and a tourist price but heck it’s still cheap. If you pick your own fish and have them cook it be clear on what the all in cost it from the Resturant

We got charged 350 extra for a plate of chips. Given 1kg of lobster was 900 you smell rip off.

Then they charged 150 for each beer. In town at a bar they are a fair bit less.

Sitting under umbrellas on a sunny day it’s great.

Watch touts that descend on you as your car pulls up.

Go with the flow it should be fun. We went on a Monday lunchtime . Not too crowded.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Here you can by all cane of fish from local fishdealers.if you want lobster a 4 kg monster you can take it to the restaurant and they can make it for you heile you wait, but you must pay for the preparation of the fish but be carefull agree on the price before preparering the fish or lobster.
Roger Wilhelmsen

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I thought we were being attacked when my friend and I pull up to the fish market. We were bombarded by restaurant workers trying to get our business. After selecting the right one, you then have to deal with the street vendors. I didn’t mind it. I found that being nice and saying something to them about the beauty of their work showed that I was sincere. Then I would follow up by saying that I was eating and not buying items right now. They would leave you alone. Once the food came, they seemed to let you be.

The food was delicious but way overpriced. I think we were robbed at those prices. But my friend (local from Maputo) didn’t mind paying that amount. Be aware that many restaurants here do not take credit card.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Another must when visiting Maputo. Enjoyed walking through the actual market. Vendors are very pushy when you choose your fish to have you sit in their stall. Be prepared!