All reviewsexecutive floorfive star hotelfabulous hotelbusiness hotelpost boxfront office staffamazing servicestar serviceturn down servicelunch or dinnerlong flightsister hotelspecial mentionshopping mallevery eveningservice providedbusiness trip
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Labourdonnais is the best placed hotel for those travelling to paradise for business. You will lose the effect of white sandy beaches but will gain valuable time if your business is conducted in PL.

The Hotel is geared for those on a busy trip, from the attentive staff to the restaurants.
Tried the Yuzu restaurant which I highly recommend and will be back to try some of the rest of the offerings from Chef Andy.

My room was the commercial harbour side but I do prefer having my room on the marina side as it offers a better view.

Location also lets you wander around the Waterfront which is packed with shops and eateries.

See you soon Labourdonnis.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Labourdonnais W, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Blanemarsili,

Thank you for your beautifully worded review for us. We are glad that you enjoyed a unique culinary experience with us. You might also try the select food pairing evenings that we host occasionally, where you will discover a unique symphony between food and drink. Port Louis is indeed a great location, being not only a business hub but also a rich cultural and historical gem, all waiting to be discovered. From the Blue Penny Museum only a few meters from the hotel, leading into Le Caudan where you can enjoy a cinema, a multitude of shopping venues as well as a casino and much more. Rest assured that we have shared your comments with the mentioned staff member.
We all look forward to the day that we can welcome you back for yet another exquisite experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We wandered in to this restaurant looking to have a quick lunch.Reluctantly we left 2 hours later after a magnificent lunch.The food was superb,service professional,friendly and respectful and the location...gorgeous.Special kudos to Rajid.Nothing was too much trouble.We shall hopefully be back before we fly home.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Labourdonnais W, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear cheryld16,

Thank you for sharing your culinary experience with us, surely your review is definitely the best reward we can receive from a guest.
The Post Box features talented bartenders to create outstanding cocktails. Our team members are our greatest asset and we pride ourselves in providing an impeccable service to our guests. Rest assured your appreciation note has been shared with Rajid.
We look forward to welcoming you back to discover our new ‘A la carte’ menu and different themed lunches and dinners at Brasserie Chic or try our authentic Asian fusion restaurant Yuzu that offers a unique blend of flavors.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Excellent gourmet buffet to celebrate mother’s day! Memorable day! So spoilt with the free roses & goodies. Thx to the whole team who had given the best of themselves & contributed to its success . Keep up the high level & we’ll come again. Mr & Mrs Wan

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear arlinewan,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt review. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and their services. The purpose of each member of our team at the hotel is to help our guests celebrate specials occasions above all else and we will certainly share your kind words with them.
We look forward to being your host again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Yesterday I meant to check into Hotel Labourdonnis in Mauritius. This would have been my third visit in as many months ,however they could not find my booking. So after requesting if they had a room (which they did have ) I asked if I could book in and sort out the reservation in the morning. The issue I had was they wanted to charge me 9700 rupees for the night but if I was to sit in reception and book it on line it would have been half the cost.

Clearly they had record of me staying there twice before and my family members who also do business in the country surely they could have done a better job .The receptionist Mike was not prepared to listen , so I booked a taxi and went to another Hotel.

They will now lose my companies business going forward and that of my travel agent as this is not the kind of treatment I expect especially as I was a regular customer .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Duncan M
Labourdonnais W, Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Mr. Duncan M,
We are pleased to have been in contact with you by mail after this incident. As discussed, we understand that you wished to have the same rates as quoted by Online Travel Agencies during your previous visits in February and March. Unfortunately, due to price parity and contracts that are in place with tour operators, Hotels cannot undercut these rates.
We have thoroughly explained the situation to TripAdvisor and we have been waiting for a feedback since but to no avail.
We do hope to welcome you again in the future for a renewed experience.

Kind regards,
Quintin Mulwitsky – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at Brasserie Chic. Marvellous food and wonderful service. Thank you to Vissen who is an attentive and courteous gentleman who waited on us wonderfully and ensured this fabulous experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank nathalie_cox
Labourdonnais W, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear nathalie_cox,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your dining experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the warmth environment of Brasserie chic. I would recommend that you try our Asian Fusion Restaurant the next time you visit us for a unique culinary journey.
We have shared your kind words with the mentioned staff member and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,