All reviews terrace bar panoramic view rooms are spacious new chef executive chef english equivalent a la cart well located hotel tub water reliable wifi internet worked well business hotel room service high class hotel stayed for weeks every evening business travel
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Was put up here as part of my business travel. We also availed the conference room facilities. Nice property with good location and excellent hospitality.

Overall a pleasant experience in the warm heart of Africa

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My stay at the hotel was value for money because the room was spacious and very clean, food is delicious, hot water, and excellent internet. This was a wonderful experience.

Room service was excellent

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ymkungula
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A bit disappointing and definitely lots of areas for improvement.

Checking in was convenient and friendly. The main reception does look very nice.

Room:
Everything is neat and tidy. Remote for the tv is in Chinese, it the buttons are where they are suppose to be. Shower is small and water may leak out creating a slippery surface. There is also a bath tub with a shower if you need more room. No iron or ironing board in the room, but if you ask for one they will make a plan.

There is only one restaurant and the menu is limited. They do serve pizzas with a wood burning pizza oven on site. The pizza menu and specials are on a separate handout. Options are very French orientated and there are some local dishes as well. Breakfast has all the usuals: eggs, bacon, cereals, sausages, etc. The hotel needs another restaurant desperately.

There is a pool outside the main restaurant.

Gym is small and has a limited number of equipment but is open 24 7.

There is a spa onsite, but I didn’t use it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JulianN460
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The Hotel is clean and comfortable. The problem is little things like coarsters for the bathroom glasses are not there so glasses are placed directly on the sink surface.

The air condition remote is in Chinese so you have to refer to a card in English to interpret.

The service at the bar is also slow. Wifi is a nightmare

Maybe my expectations were too high but it is supposed to be 5 star right?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 800zah
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Latitude 13 during my last visit and I prefer this hotel. It is more modern, large room, large bed, nice coffee and tea selection in the room.

There is a gym on the 2nd floor. I went there every evening and no one else was there. The first night I could not figure out how to use the elliptical. I called for assistance and no one arrived. After a while I found that there is a switch at the bottom back of the machine that you need to turn on. There is only one TV in the gym and the subtitles feature on the TV doesn't exist. There is a meeting room across from
the gym and I didn't want to turn the TV on too loud so you may want to bring your own entertainment.

There is a spa and a souvenir store by the gym. T-shirts are $20 at the store. At the spa massages start at around $60 and facials start at around $55.

I didn't care for the selection at the breakfast buffet though it is large. They have potatoes, meat, fish, salads, fruit, pastries, granola, nuts, waffles, coffee, juices. There is a cook that prepares an omelette as you wait and I ate that every day. Breakfast starts at 6:30 am. They put out the food at 6 am if you need to leave early, but the omelette station is not available then. I ate dinner at the hotel a couple of times. The chambo (fish) and mushroom soup were good.

The housekeeping services are odd and not good. They leave a small bar of soap by the sink and in the shower. Every day when I returned to the room in the evening I found that the soaps that I opened the day before are gone and instead there were new bars of soap. Not sure why they would throw away 2 perfectly usable bars of soap every day. They did not clean the floor in the bathroom, there were a few strands of hair that stayed there the whole time. They also removed my cosmetics from the counter and placed it elsewhere. They do a turndown service and I made sure to leave a do not disturb sign every evening.

The shower is very small and water gets everywhere so be prepared.

The wifi is not reliable at all. If wifi is important for you stay elsewhere.

There is a large conference center next door and the elevators can get very crowded if you happen to need to use them when conference attendees return to the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Temwa k, Manager at President Walmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for supporting the President Walmont hotel and for completing our E-Questionnaire.

We appreciate the time it takes to bring to our attention the service issues that you experienced and be assured that this is investigated by each department manager to ensure that we constantly improve our standards.

As we work together towards these improvements, we sincerely hope that this particular experience does not jeopardise our valuable relationship.

Best regards