“Great place for a cocktail”
Review of Skybar

Skybar
Ranked #42 of 321 Restaurants in Accra
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We went after dinner for a drink. Amazing view and beautiful decor. would return for sure. Service was a little slow and a little pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Went as a family. You need to book ahead of time. The staff was amazing, the food was good and the view was breathtaking.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The pros - the view is fantastic...I should have said the pro

Cons - The food is mediocre. You're going to pay high dollar for average food. I ordered a fillet medium and it was well done and tough. Rather than giving me a steak knife, I should have been given a chainsaw. Quality overcooked steaks are still tender and I know, I've enjoyed steaks all over the world.

The service. Give me a break. I don't live in Accra so I cant attest for the quality but it was poor and disinterested. They sure aren't making an effort to earn tips.

The worst part and I might bump this up to the top. My card was overcharged by $384.00 USD. We provided clear instructions to the waitress to put $50 on my card (whatever the Ghanaian equivalent is); however, she of course put the entire meal on my card. I requested a refund and it was as if I had requested she give me the secret to eternal youth (which is probably not eating at this place for starters). Anyway, she said there was no way it could happen. My last night in Ghana and I didn't want to have to deal with getting CD (also, I don't recall it being offered).

Anyway - cut to the chase, may I speak with a manager. After some back and forth a woman appeared - she appeared to know what she doing - until she said she didn't and she meant that - in the truest sense of meaning.

She "refunded me" but I advised her it appeared to be another authorization and she assured me it wasn't, that she hadn't ever refunded someone (given the quality of the food and service, I find that HARD to believe); however, given the status of my credit card I guess the proof is in the pudding, but she hit the refund button. She was quite pleasant and I assumed all was right in the world when she charged for a third time for my actual meal.

A few weeks ago, Im paying my credit card bill and notice three charges from the hotel. Two for $184.00 USD and one for $50.00 USD. I call the restaurant. A fairly expensive restaurant that carters to the chicest of crowds (that is total sarcasm) and requested a manager. I'm calling from Morocco and don't have time for the craziness...but it had time for me. At this exclusive you need-to-know-someone restaurant, there is no manager on duty and not only not on duty that Tuesday but there isn't a manager working until Thursday.

Of course that person is bringing the madness but see above - I don't have time for it. So after going back and forth because of my incredulity that there was no manager in at this fine dining establishment, I was connected to guy and that conversation went a little like this...(im paraphrasing :) but you get the gist...

Me: "I was overcharged...."
Him: "Im not the manager but do you have the receipt"
Me: "No but I have my credit card state..."
Dial tone.....

Unwilling to throw my money away, I immediately went on the website and emailed the restaurant the following.
Subject: Billing

"Message: Good afternoon,

I was overcharged at your restaurant April 6. We gave instructions to the waitress to charge my meal on my card; however, she charged the entire amount - the equivalent of $184USD. I spoke with a manager at the time who "refunded" me and I advised her the refund appeared to be a charge and she assured it was not; however, it was in fact a charge. I was then charged for me meal. Not only did I over pay for the initial amount but I was charged again for a deduction of $368 to my account.

I called the restaurant today and requested a manager and was advised there was no manager on-site until Thursday, today is Tuesday. Both unacceptable and unbelievable. It wasn't a miscommunication, as I confirmed with the woman that answered the phone and let her know I thought this was unlikely although maybe it is not. Please email me with a resolution.

(Sent via Skybar 25)"

Received a response from Nikola on April 24
"Hi,
Please can you email me your bank statement with proof of double charge?
Can you please send me a copy of the bill?
Who did you speak to today and what time?
Nick GM"

Emailed Nikola twice since that exchange and no answer.

Bottom line - skip this place. You want a good view, check your bank account and see that no money is missing.

1  Thank kshalayj
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Situated at the top of a landmark building, the skybar is worth a visit. The vibe feels like clubbing and the view is great. Drinks and bites are good but priced even beyond European standards. Be aware you might need to be introduced or to be on a guestlist.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Spent a night there with a group of friends. Fantastic view and good food. I recommend. We were forced to leave early due to a rain shower. Better go when it doesn't rain.