“Topi Adventures”

Mount Kilimanjaro Short Trek from Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Mount Kilimanjaro is the place to be, the top Africa, the second highest standing Mount in the world

4  Thank Topi A
Write a ReviewReviews (3,315)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"karibu adventures"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I vistied Tanzania in July 2016 with the goal of summiting Mt Kilimanjaro on my 30th birthday. If it wasnt for Frank and the boys on hike I never would have succeeded.

I booked with Majestic Kilimanjaro due to their on going support and funding that goes back into the local community. Liana still keeps me up to date with current programs they are trying to also help get started with in the Tanzania and also Uganda.

I can not speak highly enough of Tumaini, Steve and Liana. They were brilliant through the whole process right from booking the trip, to the completion of the climb, to the visit of the local orphanage the next day.

The hike is amazing and is something I will never forget. Frank (the lead guide) was brilliant and had a lot of knowledge of the local flora and landscape which we would talk about on the hike. The porters were so friendly and helpful and nothing was never to much trouble. Frank and the boys even prepared a birthday cake and some non-alcoholic wine to help celebrate my birthday after the summit.

Everyone in this great company made me feel so welcome and really went above and beyond to make it an experience I will never forget.

1  Thank bburwood
Reviewed 7 December 2016

At 58 I just summited Mount Kilimanjaro!!

I did it with the care and encouragement of a team of highly professional experts at Majestic Kilimanjaro. I dreamed of climbing the mountain for years but didn’t think I could do it. I contacted Majestic Kilimanjaro and explained that, as I have a few miles on me, I had some concerns. Tumaini and Steve at Majestic answered every email promptly for seven months before I even booked a reservation!
When I arrived my crew knew my special needs, including my bad knee and my less than athletic condition. They accommodated me graciously, operating efficiently, dependably and courteously.
No one else was scheduled for an expedition at this time, but that didn’t stop Majestic Kilimanjaro from providing me with a private climb. I had porters, a chef and a personal guide, Kefuss, who cared for me attentively. When I fell ill from the altitude on the second day and I expressed doubts about continuing, Kefuss became my champion. He would not let me fail. He listened intently, advised gently, and provided immeasurable expertise. He went beyond the call of duty, keeping me positive and safe as we climbed.
The night before the summit, when the altitude was kicking me, Kefuss arranged my itinerary for a day summit to give me better odds for success. And on that day, as we began our final ascent, he looked me in the eye and said, “Let’s do this!” He was in it with me.
When I reached Uhuru Peak, I wept with joy. It was my gold medal moment! I could never have done it without this team. They anticipated every need, concern and probability. They gave me the best possible experience.
Majestic Kilimanjaro chooses their people carefully, and trains them extensively. It is clear that each person loves his work and everyone loves The Mountain. I was safe, cared for, attended to, and given the ability to make a dream come true.
Thank you, Thank you, to Kefuss, Steve, Tumaini and all my team.
You are forever in my heart, Majestic Kilimanjaro

3  Thank giliathe
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Climbed Kilimanjaro through Machame route 7- days with four friends, and we couldn't have asked for a better outfit than Top Climbers Expedition to help provide us with an experience that we'll remember positively for the rest of our lives. Whether it was Manase’s pre-trip communication and advice, the airport pick-up, our hotel stay, or the actual climb to the summit and subsequent descent, Manase and his staff helped everything go smoothly. Our guide, assistant guide, cook, and all the porters who were part of our adventure were not only top notch professionals but were incredibly caring and generous people. We did find certain aspects of the climb quite challenging, but every staff member was always willing to help in their own way, by being patient and allowing us to rest, temporarily lightening the load of our daypacks, helping us to stay hydrated, providing food or drink to help settle our stomachs, and in countless other ways to help us realize our dream. We were happy to provide the crew members with generous but well-deserved tips and to part with sleeping bags, hiking shoes and several other items that we knew they'd put to good use, but we still felt we received so much more than we gave

Safari was amazing thoroughly enjoyed every minute in Tarangire national park, even though I suffer from some chronic health problems. Our guide Tuma is a very experienced guide, with great knowledge/love for nature, wildlife & his country. We could ask him anything and his calm presence was very reassuring. We loved Tarangire National Park very much, where we saw so many elephants! Our stay at tarangire Safari Lodge was also unforgettable, with elephants close to the accomodation, amazing. From there we went on to the beautiful Serengeti, and then the Ngoro Ngoro crater, where we stayed at the very nice Sopa Lodge. Everything was impeccably organized. This was a holiday to never forget.

Everything was superb and if we come back to Tanzania, I will definitely want to be with Top Climbers again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

First off, Job the owner was very kind and let us pay the full amount at our arrival. For security purposes we didn't want to pay the deposit via wire transfer. A must, He is reachable 24h.
The driver was here to pick us up and drop off, very helpful when you don't want to waste time.
The hotel provided, Park View Inn has a super nice view point on Kili, you can get great shots at night, and the breakfast food is to die for (fresh fruits, eggs, spinach & beans..)
For the trek itself, everything was organized perfectly, each person was nice and helpful. Our cook made delicious food and appropriate for the coming day. We both pick vegetarian and we had a pretty good diversity of food. The portions are HUGE! But you need to eat more on altitude, so fill your belly..
Our guide Ramadhan and Assistant guide, Arnold were our rocks, we could not have done it without them. Ramadhan with his professionalism and Arnold with his constant happiness and excitement, they were both very motivating and always supportive of us. Stopping when we needed to and giving us advices on how to beat altitude sickness.
I can't recommend Mar Tours enough!
Thanks again!!