Zen Surf Morocco(Tamraght)
Riad Dar Haven(Tamraght)
1,382 results
All reviewssmall hotelhalf boardpool areapetit taxilovely hotelbreakfast and dinnertaxis are cheapspa facilitiestown centreomelettepool attendantmin walktaxi rideexchange ratesea frontreception staffbuffet style
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

A bit of a late review as my stay was in January but still would like to leave a review to let you know that the hotel was as fantastic as it was when i came the other 4 times.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone to go anywhere else because the hotel itself provides a very personal service. Am surprised people have had issues with the staff when they’ve checked out. We’ve always had a smooth checkout. The staff now treat us like family and I wouldn’t imagine going anywhere else.

The managing director of the hotel hussain deals with any complaints efficiently as I have seen when I have been staying at the hotel and takes pride in his hotel and staff. Just a special mention to Omar who is the reception manager always will go out of his way to help or book taxis and is always smiling (miss you omar :)...Jawad at breakfast couldn’t do anymore for us always makes sure we are seated and welcomes us with a smile.

The hotel is located only 5 minutes taxi from the city centre and the beach is literally two minutes down the road. The rooms are very clean and I normally stay in a deluxe room which offers two bathrooms, living area and a bedroom. We’re always welcomed with fruit, cakes and flowers on our arrival. The spa downstairs is fantastic and would recommend anyone staying here to try it.

Can’t wait to go back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We booked on a last minute deal with TUI after initially looking at the all inclusives. Overall I am pleased that we did. Whilst they are directly on the sea front, this smaller hotel does have some sea views, friendly staff and gives you the option of eating out and enjoying other restaurants in Agadir which we did.
As it was a late booking (2 weeks) I didn't have high expectations on getting a good room. However we were in 315 which was very large, met all of our needs (apart from a kettle in the room) and a good sized balcony which provided views of the sea, the pool and the hillside under the Kasbah.
The pool is a decent size and well looked after. It's fully covered overnight and was very clean. Overseen by Omar who we enjoyed talking to and is a credit to the hotel.
Breakfast was excellent on a buffet basis as was the omelette lady mentioned by others.
We ate in the hotel on one night and the food was good. However they lose a mark as none of the staff explained too us what the arrangements were in terms of being shown to a table and how the system worked between the al a carte menu and the fixed price buffet. Also the bar staff were not that quick at service and our room was not available when we arrived.
As others have mentioned, getting a red taxi is easy and gets you around Agadir if walking is a problem. My wife does have walking difficulties but didn't find a problem with the walk down to the promenade which has been impressively done. There are building works going on in the vicinity of the hotel and clearly some, yet to be developed, sites. However this did not have any adverse impact on us and I would not let this put you off booking this hotel.
Overall I would recommend this hotel and if we return to Agadir then we will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 3 give a view of the ocean and the hillside
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeR999
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Had a good four days here and other than the location everything was perfect.

I say about the location as it was a distance from the main places to eat and also on top of a hill if walking back from the beach. Having said that plenty of taxis on the main road who for 20 dirhams will take you to the strip. We ended up walking most of the time which took about 30 minutes. Good exercise!

As for the hotel we stayed in a junior suite and it was plenty big enough! Room was always cleaned spotlessly and it was probably the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in!!!

Only had breakfast there and always plenty of choice with good freshly cooked products on the buffet.

All the staff we encountered were just great. Friendly and knowledgeable.
Highly recommend the hotel but bring good comfortable shoes for the walks.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 2 weeks and had a wonderful relaxing time. All the staff in the kitchen and bar were so nice and professional the all get 5 stars. We had breakfast included and did eat from the al a carte menu 4 nights and each night was good value and good food. It is an enjoyable walk 20-30 minutes for many different restaurants on the promenade, but as mentioned previously taxis are cheap if you don’t want to walk. The checkout experience is what really spoilt a great holiday. We were leaving before breakfast was being served, around 6am. The night before I asked the girl at reception if I could settle our restaurant/bar bill as we were leaving early,she responded by saying, just fix it on checkout in the morning. I didn’t insist against my better judgement. The staff member at the desk in the early morning, I had not seen there for the previous 2 weeks. I asked to pay the bill by card and he asked whether I wanted to pay part by cash if I had any. Great idea I thought so gave him 400MAD. He was taking a long time to work out the bill, so he said I could pick up something from the kitchen while he sorted it out. I left my cr card. By this time our taxi had arrived and it was all very rushed. I paid an amount on the cr card without an itemised receipt. He folded the receipt and put it in an envelope and sealed it. Once in the cab I opened the envelope to find no itemised items and no mention of the cash given. When I quickly emailed the hotel as I could see I’d been overcharged, 3 days later they told me they had checked with the staff member and he recalls me giving him 200MAD! To cut a long story short more emails and 3 weeks later we got a refund. My advice is if leaving early insist on checking out the night before or leave plenty of time to check your bill !

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2018

We are really satisfied with our stay at Timolay. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the centre, just a five minute walk from the seaside and the promenade. Traveling with our 3 year old, we found this to be a perfect mixture of proximity paired with the benefits of calm surroundings. We loved being in a smaller hotel were you could get familiar with the staff and neighbours.
The hotel has got a nice pool-area with a heated pool which has sun from morning until evening. We found it calm and family-friendly to stay there.
Food-buffets were good and varied with a mixture of Moroccan food and more international options. Many good salads and vegetarian dishes along with both meat and fish every day. The eating room is small with a good ambience and we were well taken care of by friendly waiters.
Our room was immaculately clean and done every day with an extra touch of love and finesse. Cleanliness was also a trait of the rest of the hotel and the pool.
The hotel offers a spa with possibilities of getting different types of massages, saunas and treatments. They also have a small training room with the most essential equipment. If I could wish for something different, it would have been an upgrade there with some more weights and gear.
Internet is provided for free. It is of varying quality throughout the day. At its best it is possible to send pictures and small videoclips without delay (this was most common). At its worst it is hard to read a newspaper online because of delay(typically in the early evening). But this might as well be a trait of the area.
Best of all is the attitude of the staff. Throughout our stay we have only positive experiences with them. They are forthcoming, friendly and eager to find good solutions. And many of them are fantastic with kids.
I feel safe warmly recommending this hotel to families and people seeking a relaxed small hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family