Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$110
TripadvisorUS$110
FindHotel
Trip.comUS$110
ExpediaUS$110
Hotels.comUS$110
All reviews iowa state king suite would definitely stay here again bed was comfortable hie desk isu son campus
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2022

The less problems there are with a stay, the shorter the review. Thus, this is a short review. I'm a fan of the free, included breakfast; I missed having biscuits-n-gravy, but no biggie. I recommend this HIE.

Date of stay: May 2022
Steve Nagar, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2022

Dear Ken S,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are glad you have a worry free and problem free stay.

We strive to deliver the best experience and we definitely appreciate your kind words.

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Management

Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

I come to Ames often to visit my child at ISU. This was my second visit to this hotel. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfy. We did run into minor issues at check in which did not get the stay off on the right foot. The front desk person was on a lengthy call when I arrived so I sat in a chair right next to the desk since I had all my bags and was standing in front of the door. Another couple came in and we’re checked in ahead of me since they happened to arrive as she was completing the phone call. It took 30 minutes to complete the phone call and check in 2 people. I was then informed the hotel was oversold and I would be in a king suite rather than the double queen I had booked. Instead of apologizing she made it seem like this was to my advantage. She did end up being able to put me in a double queen so not sure what the issue was initially. The other thing that bothered me is when I pulled up my reservation online it was updated to say I reserved a king suite. I knew that is not what I reserved and ended up finding my original confirmation that said double queens. Very disappointing the hotel was oversold and then I was made to feel like that was my problem to deal with instead of theirs.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management Team, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We have read your comments and will be speaking with our team members so that we may improve in the areas where it is needed, so thank you. We sincerely apologize about the issues you faced while staying at our hotel. We do look forward to your next visit. Thank you and take care.

Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

We had a three night stay at this hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and went above and beyond expectation to accommodate any need we had. Everything was clean, quiet, in good condition, and the staff made you feel like family (especially Dani)! Don’t hesitate to stay at this hotel. It was a wonderful experience and we will be back for sure.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management Team, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Thank you for the five star rating and for taking time out to review your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Ames hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed staying at our hotel and had a great experience. And thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

- Holiday Inn Express Ames Team

Reviewed 16 May 2021

Codey, Dani and others were so friendly, helpful and curious during my 10 day stay. Housekeeping staff was great too. Very comfortable bed. I could adjust temp in room as much as I wanted to. Great location, next to I35. Near fast food, convenience store/gas station and sidewalks for walking or biking. Thanks for making my stay to pleasant.

Date of stay: May 2021
Management Team, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Thank you so much for five star rating and for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us and look forward to your next visit! Thank you and take care.

Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

This is a remodeled hotel. The bed was comfortable and a decent size room. The Covid-19 restrictions did create some problems. It would have been nice if there was an “ask” regarding breakfast. I know it wasn’t much but keeping behind the desk was different from everyone else as we completed this trip. Certainly a nice facility with a courteous staff.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 440jeffr
Codey Woeckener, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express Ames, IA. I apologize that you were a bit disappointed in the limited breakfast options available due to the pandemic. However I am so happy that you the facility to be very nice and the staff incredibly courteous. We can't wait to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Ames, IA area.

Codey Woeckener