Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$85
ExpediaUS$85
TripadvisorUS$85
Trip.com
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews front desk showing its age great place to stay dairy queen iowa state university mexican restaurant hot tub stay there again great breakfast quiet hotel staff was very friendly in town convenient location breakfast buffet fridge and microwave we've stayed one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2022 via mobile

We got there and hadn’t booked a room. I asked if they could match the internet price and he said no, he tells oll I’d his customers to book online. I stood in the lobby and booked my room online. We got our keys and went to the room to find 1 bath towel for 3 adults. There were not any wash towels or hand towels either. I called the front desk and he said they were slammed and we need to come down to get them. I went down to find the front desk empty and the towel laying on the counter. In the morning we got up to go to breakfast and there was only 1 table empty and it was filthy. A woman walked by with a towel and cleaner in her hand and I asked her if she could wipe the table. She said in a minute and walked away to clean off the coffee counter. I got some napkins and hot water from the tea station and wiped off the table. 10 minutes later as we were eating she said she would come wipe it off. I know these people are busy, but I don’t think I asked for much.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2022

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Reviewed 29 May 2022 via mobile

Very pleasant and attentive management, clean room, good breakfast. Good restaurant nearby. Close to Iowa State University and Route 30, not far from I-35.Only drawback is parking lot is of modest size, was very crowded as hotel was full.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2022

The staff was very accommodating in every way. It was an unexpected surprise. I have stayed at several hotels over the years. Yours was the best I have found so far. It was an unpleasant trip but was made much more enjoyable because of your people. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 May 2022

We stayed here for Vet Med graduation at ISU and I was very pleased with our room.
I have to say that it was one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Years ago, I was a hotel maid so my standards are quite high and Maricel (hope I spelled that right), did not disappoint. I have stayed in much fancier, much pricier hotels but this one was cleaner than many fancy, expensive hotels where I've stayed in the past.
The lobby was nicely decorated and also quite clean. Staff was very friendly. I really wish I'd gotten the name of the man at the front desk because he was so friendly and helpful. We ordered food from a local restaurant and it arrived without napkins or all the utensils we needed. One call to the desk was all I needed to correct the problem. The man at the desk offered to bring me the items we needed but I told him I'd come down to get them. When I arrived at the desk, he was busy with another guest, but quickly grabbed the items and held them out for me to take, without even taking a break from the other people he was helping. He did it all with a smile on his face too. This is not the fanciest hotel I've stayed in, but to be completely honest, I'd rather stay here than some of the fancy ones, I've stayed in that weren't as clean or didn't have such nice staff.
I'll probably choose this hotel again should I need one in Ames in the future.
Highly recommend.
The bed was comfortable. The only drawback was that the pillows were smaller than regular but once I got used to that (I'm used to a king sized pillow), I slept quite well.
One piece of advice too, if you stay in a handicapped accessible room, position the bath mat a little ways back from the shower as there isn't a lip to contain the water and the mat gets wet. This is to make the shower wheelchair accessible, so doesn't detract from the room, but if the mat is too close, it does get wet.