Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$124
ExpediaUS$124
Hotels.comUS$124
Trip.com
FindHotelUS$124
ZenHotels.com
All reviews des moines hgi lobby isu ia accommodations campus
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2020

24 hr power outage shut down airport & Ames, stranding fam in St Louis. Fly from SF, drive 7 hrs. arrive at HGI to find Mgr canceled our res and refused to give us a room because internet was down. I’m pretty sure she just gave away our room. Staff could not look is in the eye. Bad team.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Britany Belew, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your interaction with the hotel.
I do apologize that due to the storm that came through the central Iowa area, your reservation through Priceline was removed from our system as we were unable to contact our guests directly.

We hope you were able to make alternate accommodations that served your needs and exceeded your expectations. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us directly and we are always happy to assist.

Reviewed 24 July 2020

I called ahead to find out their cleaning procedure as I was visiting a newborn. I was able to check in with my phone so no stopping by the front desk. No one in the elevator. Room was sealed. When I went in to room, it had the Lysol smell. I had passed a housekeeping cart and saw lots of Lysol on it. I did wipe everything down myself.

Bed was comfortable. I heard no noise and from the number of cars in the parking lot when I left the next day, they were not full. Had the elevator to myself when I wen to leave.

All staff I encountered were wearing masks and so was I.

Hope to return someday when things are better in the world.

Room tip: Get a room opposite the interstate
Date of stay: July 2020
Britany Belew, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

Thank you for the great review.
We are glad the Hilton CleanStay created a comfortable and enjoyable experience for you.

We hope to have you return in the future should your travels bring you back to Ames, IA!

Reviewed 7 March 2020

Very modern hotel nice and spacious rooms. It was very clean both in the common areas and in the rooms. We really enjoyed staying here We would come again if we return to Ames, IA. The staff was also very nice and helpful

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2020

Nice staff, clean room and well lit parking lot and close to the main strip. Room was large and clean. Returned by 2pm everyday and room was already cleaned. Breakfast staff remembered my order daily, that was a nice touch, she didn't have to remember.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2020

Attended an Iowa State hosted event and we hit the jackpot in staying at this HGI. Comfortable bedding & super breakfast. Easy accessible parking. Property was airy and well-laid out..inviting open lobby and restaurant.

Date of stay: February 2020