All reviews craft room nature center state park historic section lake james toboggan run family reunion horseback riding large lawn large hot tub patio room indoor pool double bed grounds are beautiful public areas cleaning staff a nice place to stay
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The grounds are beautiful, and the staff, especially the cleaning staff, are wonderful and accommodating. I would like to return during the winter on my own personal time to explore all that the Inn and Park have to offer.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Although our stay here was ok, I was disappointed in our room and some of the staff here. Upon entering our room, it didn’t smell very good- kind of like dirty shoes. When you look up at the vent over the bed, there is all kinds of black fuzz or dust clinging on the ceiling tiles. The light fixtures directly above the bed was covered in cob webs and obviously had not been dusted in a long time. There was pealing wall paper and the door to the patio was so hard to open we just gave up! The patio area looked nice if we could have accessed it easier it would have been nice. No refrigerator in the room and furniture looked very worn. On a good note, the bed was comfortable and we had dinner at the restaurant and it was good. Front desk staff was friendly but hotel staff we encountered were talking about schedules and cussing while complaining. Just not a good impression of hotel staffers.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jennifer C, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at our Inn! I am sincerely sorry that your experience and expectations we did not meet! I would welcome a call to discuss more in detail of some of the issues that you encountered during your stay. Please feel free to contact me when an opportunity allows.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The setting was pretty good for a state owner facility. The room was clean and had lots of towels, hand towels and wash clothes. I had stayed at another inn about one year ago and loved it . This facility did not offer refrigerators in the room nor microwaves. I had a two queen size bed suite so I thought it would offer these amenities. I was disappointed with that result. The trails were not clearly marked and the maps in the information book in the room were confusing and blurry. My second level court side room was not too private and had no nature views. If I go back I will ask for a room with a view of the lake or woods.

Room tip: Book a room with lake or woods view
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on your stay at the Potawatomi Inn. Your feedback is very important to us! For your next visit, please do keep in mind, that we do have guest rooms that offer a refrigerator and microwave. Also we do have refrigerators and microwaves that are available to rent on a first come first basis for the standard rooms that do not offer these amenities. Lake views are not guaranteed , however, we are happy to request and we will do our best to accommodate. Please keep in mind, at the front desk we do have a more detailed map of the trails that is available. We look forward to your next visit at the Potawatomi Inn!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Stayed in Room 218. A claustrophobic closet with a great view of the grounds and lake. Bathtub has slip strips, but once tub is wet, it is very hazardous for anyone that is short due to lack of grab bars. The bed dominates this very small room and it's an ancient full size bed. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The air conditioning works somewhat good, but seemed to shut off later at night and it was hard to regulate the temperature. I was supposed to stay 2 nights, but after not being able to get more than a couple hours sleep, I decided against it. I don't know about the new section, but I certainly hope it is better than the "Historic section."

Room tip: Don't stay in older section. If sold out, rent from a local hotel and save the money from the overpriced, Historic section.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank asmith62017
Jennifer C, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay. I am so sorry to hear that your guest room did not meet your expectations! Please do keep our newer section in mind for future stays. They certainly offer more space, and have a complete different feel than the Historic rooms. If you would like to learn more about these mentioned rooms, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Three of us ate in a nearly empty huge hall. My meal was from the buffet; others in party ordered meatloaf and walleye. The Inn was attractive inside and we could look out the windows at the green nearby where there were large birds on the grass.

Room tip: We only ate there.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 920piratejenny

Thank you for choosing to dine with us! Please do keep our Inn in mind for any future getaways! The Inn has many wonderful amenities on site that are available to our guests to make their stay relaxing and enjoyable. Hope to have you back soon!