All reviewscraft roomnature centerstate parkhistoric sectiontoboggan runlake jameshistoric roomsfamily reunionolder roomshorseback ridinghot tubpatio roomsfire pitping pongindoor poolcabin suitesdouble bed
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Visited for a combination family vacation and professional meeting. I was accompanying parents who are well into their senior years and found that in the newer section of the Inn, the rooms and dining facilities were nicely accessible for someone using canes and walkers. That's not true for the rooms in the historic part of the inn, where rooms are small and some have steps up to the bathrooms. The reservations staff at the statewide toll free number were happy to note my request for accessible rooms. The surroundings are pretty (it's a great locale for bird watching) and there are myriad bike and nature trails. There's a noise curfew in the evenings bags as is usual in state parks, and no alcohol allowed in public areas outside of the restaurants. So it's a quiet and very family friendly environment.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Wonderful to hear that you were able to stay with us and conduct some business as well as have some fun! One of the many things that our guests enjoy are the variety of experiences the Inn has to offer with our guest rooms. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the beautiful grounds of Pokagon State Park. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I asked for the least expensive room and the clerk compared deals for me. Our room was small but clean and comfortable. The only problem was that there was a step up into the bathroom and sure enough, I tripped on it. The Inn has many nice areas for people to sit for a visit or just to unwind. I felt like we were always discovering a new spot. This would be great for a large group or family. There is also a small snack shop selling sandwiches, etc. as well as the regular dining room. Seating outside made it easy to just sit and look at the water.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Your review and feedback is very much welcomed and appreciated! We have so many family reunions that are held year after year at the Inn! We would love to host your family reunion if and when you have a need! We look forward to welcoming you back to the inn again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Room smelled of sewer gas during our stay. There was a dead roach on the bathroom floor. The A/C unit blew cool but very damp air. Our clothing felt like we stayed in a rain forest. The pool needs major work. Don't trust the online menus as they can arbitrarily present a "limited menu" in which a la carte items were more than we budgeted. Mattresses were very firm in our room so take this into consideration if your used to a little comfort. We would have been more comfortable if we would have stayed in a nearby hotel and just visited the park during the day.

Room Tip: Stay off grounds
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. I am sincerely sorry that we fell short during your visit! I would welcome a time to discuss your review. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it right!
Please feel free to call me at (260) 833-1077 (440).

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic place for the whole family. Lots of indoor and outdoor activities for children and adults alike. My personal favorite is hiking for nature trails and the toboggan slide, but playing board games and video games inside is what the kids like. And don't forget the pool sauna and hot tub whenever you're in the mood.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Your feedback on your recent stay is so very much appreciated! After reading your review it sounds like you were able to enjoy many activities that are offered on site. Keep in mind toboggan season, right around the corner! So excited to welcome your family back again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We spent just one night in one of the rooms in the historic section of the inn. We had a small room with one double bed. The room was clean and tidy; the bathroom was very clean with a nice shower. The room overlooked the lake, but the position and size of the windows are such that you really don't have much of a view. The bed was overly firm for my taste, but otherwise it was a nice stay and a reasonable value. The AC worked well as did the wifi and it was very quiet. The park and the lovely lawn and balcony makes up for the small room. When one stays at an historic facility one must reset their expectations - times have changed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B
Jennifer C, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

We are so happy that you chose to be our guest at the Potawatomi Inn! During your next stay, If you would desire to have a larger room, I would like to suggest staying in one of our rooms located on the other side of our inn. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!