Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
All reviews room was clean busy intersection complimentary breakfast parking lot uga campus convenient location nice stay would stay here again close to downtown applebees inns desk college
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Keep up with bathroom maintenance because that is a big part of cleanliness and with stop up toilets that’s bad and concerning to guess as far the in dept of cleaning you guys do. Keep up the customer service

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021

The room was very nice. The building was well maintained. The beds a firm but not uncomfortable. Check in and out was simple. The room looked like it needed a vacuum. The air conditioning system made a high pitched whine. That was difficult to fall asleep too. The complimentary breakfast was sub par. I would recommend skipping it. Eggs were an omelette style with salsa and cheese. The meat was dry and chewy. No juice or toast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

This is the older style Hampton with smaller rooms and smaller breakfast area. BUT it was clean, kept up and good value compared to downtown hotels. <2 miles from DT and campus. Covid precautions are in place currently. It is at a busy intersection so you hear a some traffic noise. Many restaurants nearby. Pool is very small. Book ahead to save some $$$s and don't worry.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2021

I grew up in Athens and this hotel was recommended. Close to downtown and many restaurants. It’s somewhat noisy as it’s located across a hospital, and rooms are very outdated, but other than that, it’s a decent place for a short weekend visit with friends/family.

Reviewed 20 March 2021

From the outside it appeared to be normal, but the moment I step in..... even with my mask, on the smell was anything but pleasing. It was if the were using extra strength air fresher to mask the old moldy smell that engulfed the entire place. As I entered my room once again the smell through my mask was this time nauseating to say the lease. You could smell the mold and mildew and the stale cigarettes that were imbedded in everything, The carpet was as if no one had ever clean it,, gross! I even sprayed lysol. Made no difference. Lets mention the noise from the street was as if they were NO windows at all, Same with the People walking by in the hall it was as if they were right in the room with you. Unbelievable! Needless to say I got no rest and when I went to check out I complain how I wasn't not satisfied and he gave me the look as if he could care less. My only hope now is that I don't get sick from my stay, anyone with breathing issues STAYAWAY. Shame on you Hampton Inn Athens Ga, clean and take care of your hotel so your guest don't get sick and they can actually enjoy their stay. BTW, I have stayed in several Hampton but this was the worst!