Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
Snaptravel
All reviews room was clean busy intersection complimentary breakfast parking lot uga campus convenient location nice stay would stay here again close to downtown applebees inns desk college
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2021

From the outside it appeared to be normal, but the moment I step in..... even with my mask, on the smell was anything but pleasing. It was if the were using extra strength air fresher to mask the old moldy smell that engulfed the entire place. As I entered my room once again the smell through my mask was this time nauseating to say the lease. You could smell the mold and mildew and the stale cigarettes that were imbedded in everything, The carpet was as if no one had ever clean it,, gross! I even sprayed lysol. Made no difference. Lets mention the noise from the street was as if they were NO windows at all, Same with the People walking by in the hall it was as if they were right in the room with you. Unbelievable! Needless to say I got no rest and when I went to check out I complain how I wasn't not satisfied and he gave me the look as if he could care less. My only hope now is that I don't get sick from my stay, anyone with breathing issues STAYAWAY. Shame on you Hampton Inn Athens Ga, clean and take care of your hotel so your guest don't get sick and they can actually enjoy their stay. BTW, I have stayed in several Hampton but this was the worst!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 5 January 2021

I was prepared to give 4 stars. That is until I went to breakfast this morning. NEVER have I encountered such a RUDE breakfast person. The younger one working was pleasant and trying to do her job only to have the older woman constantly express to her that NO she can't close the waffle maker and flip it over as I had ask the younger girl to do. ( Someone needs to let het know that YES EVERYONE needs to close the waffle maker when cooking a waffle and flip it. Then she rudely states that the other girl knows how to cook waffles. Well she did until the older woman keep interjecting what can and can't be done. Why am I calling her the older woman? Because she flat out REFUSED to give me her name! REFUSED! I like my waffle removed 20 seconds early and ask the girl to do so but guess what here comes Miss I refuse to give you my name and states "NO, she can't lift the lid" Are you kidding me. I stated that yes she can as most of us have used these hundreds of times ourselves. She again very rudely stated NO SHE CAN"T and walked to the front desk. After receiving a waffle I snapped a pic of her since she REFUSED TO GIVE HER NAME! Then I walked to the front desk and told the man sitting in the dark behind the counter ( Couldn't even tell her was there as he appeared to be hiding from us guests.) I stated that the woman standing there had refused to give her name and was very rude only to have once again the woman that refused to give her name yell, YES YELL that I didn't even help you. Umm, well you are right. The young girl kept trying to help me but you just walked around barking orders at her and ME on how I wanted my waffle cooked. This is by far the WORST experience I have ever had at a Hampton or Hilton. This woman has NO Business being around the public and the guy working the front desk is no better as he just sat there in the dark, No kidding, not 1 single light was on behind the counter and never said 1 single word when I mentioned the the woman refused to give her name and was very rude. All of which he would have heard. I will NEVER visit this location again after the extremely rude way I was treated. You should be ashamed!

Room tip: Go somewhere that you are appreciated. Not here
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 22 October 2020

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn since 2015. We stayed last weekend & found there to be a staff attitude problem with the pandemic guidelines and expectations.

There are signs all over the hotel on the doors and elevators requiring guests to wear masks per CDC regulations. Apparently that does not pertain to the hotel staff. Daily we encountered housekeeping staff not wearing masks while on our floor cleaning. Then we encountered the 1st floor housekeeping staff not wearing a mask. The front desk clerk was un-masked on multiple occasions. When my husband asked for the manager, she comes out from the back rooms not wearing a mask. The response was that they were behind the plexiglass---which does not protect me from you as the virus can travel in the air for long periods of time. That was a totally unacceptable answer from the management of this hotel!

My husband took pictures of the housekeeping staff not wearing masks to show the manager. A different manager was on duty. Her response was, "So you took pictures?" Yes, especially when the managers don't seem to be doing anything about the staff potentially exposing the hotel guests.

In addition to the mask non-wearing at this hotel, the woman staffing the breakfast Friday lied to me. She said they didn't have hot water and teabags. There was a lucite box half full of teabags that magically appeared overnight.

To top off our stay, there was at least one roach visible in the bathroom at night. Yuck!
Don't stay here! We won't!

Date of stay: October 2020
Angelica E, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

I do apologize that this was your experience with us, we have met with staff to re-enforce our mask policy. Thank you for the feedback, we will make the necessary improvements.

Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we were in the area for business. We work on the road alot and like to stay in nice hotels. The hotel is good quality and nice rooms. In these times of the pandemic, hot breakfast has been scarce. However this hotel offered. It is served to you by a lady in the lobby. This is the problem. She is rude, snarky, and acts as if her job is an inconvienice to her well being. 2 mornings in row I was met with impatience and smart comments. Once, while trying to get a look at the hot items available, she made a comment as if I dont need to be looking at the food. I stay in alot of hotels, and there's only been one where I was treated like this by a breakfast attendant. I won't go to that hotel again, not this one. We had a 8 night stay originally, but we will be checking out tomorrow and will not return. Plenty of other hotels in this area. She should not have a job in customer service.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank courtneyj1983
Angelica E, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

I am so sorry that this was your experience with us. We definitely want each and every guest to feel welcome. Being in hospitality customer service is our top priority and we apologize that this was not reflected during your stay. We will address our staff and work on making improvements so that this does not occur again. Thank you for the feedback and once again we do apologize that your stay with us was not as it should have been.

Reviewed 4 September 2020

I stayed for 4 nights while training for my job. They booked the room for me and I wish they had not. Where do I start? The air conditioning didn’t work properly for 2 days, I finally called and said I think the batteries need changed. I had to call twice to get someone to fix it. The blinds were broke and the chain didn’t work right. There was no spool on the toilet paper holder and it just sat in the sink. The light above the so called desk was burnt out, I didn’t bother to call because there was no use. I had to go buy pillows because the ones on the bed I think they got at Dollar Tree. The comforter wouldn’t stay on the bed and had been washed so much that the stuffing was bunched up around the edges! The room had a musty smell. Trash sat outside the doors of the rooms for at least 24 hours as well as towels. The outside trash cans were over flowing. To top it off, I had a pair of Air Pods disappear from my room. The front desk tried to tell me that no one goes in the rooms but I know housekeeping has keys to all the rooms! I ask if they had cameras and was told no! So now I not only had a bad stay but lost my air pods. This is why I always book Holiday Inn when I travel, consistently outstanding. Never again Hampton Inn

Date of stay: September 2020