Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
US$106
View deal
Booking.comUS$110
Agoda.comUS$110
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2019

I stayed here with a group starting a trip through Guatemala. San Carlos was a wonderful start to my first visit to this country.

The hotel is very comfortable, and very elegant. The rooms are moderate in size by US standards, but very comfortable and very well appointed. Lots of closet space, very nice bathroom, and I didn't lose my sweetheart in a ridiculous king-size bed. The room was very quiet, as was the entire hotel.

The breakfast (included in our package) was very good, and had lots of options. Infinite coffee was available. We didn't eat at Hotel San Carlos other than breakfast, but the dinner menu looked quite good.

The hotel is about 3 minutes walk from the US embassy, so if you have business there you're in a good spot. There are several restaurants nearby, including La Estancia - excellent!

There is an inner courtyard in the hotel with umbrella'd tables around it, and a very nice bar area to lounge in. Wi-fi is good here.

The staff was great. Very helpful, and forgiving towards my very limited Spanish. The staff is generally conversant with basic English, I was embarrassed that I didn't know more Spanish. The desk staff were fluent in English, and very very gracious and helpful.

I wish I could have stayed here for a few nights and gotten to see more of G City. Hotel San Carlos is a gem of a spot - the staff, with the added bonus of architecture and atmosphere, made for a delightful one-night stay.

Room tip: Ask for the room beside the pool if you like fountain-water white noise. All the rooms were reported as wonderful from our group of 12.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Lovely little hotel with a gate and security guard. Beautiful inside with an internal courtyard, lovely flowers and fountain, and a nice restaurant with many food options and friendly staff. Comfortable rooms though beds are on small side. Very clean. Front desk will arrange to send shuttle pick up to airport with advance notice.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel San Carlos is a gem of a hotel. The accommodations were very clean and the decor was stylish and classic. It felt like home. The breakfast was very good and the staff was excellent. Although there was a language barrier, they were very patient with my minimal Spanish skills. I would highly recommend and would return again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

this is a great hotel, the personal was very nice and friendly . The rooms was very clean, good breakfast, close to shopping are ,restaurants, security was excellent and very clean.
I recommend this hotel and will go back

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I was at this hotel for 2 nights, its facade is impressive, when you get in, the service is ok, the rooms are not that big but enough for 1 or 2 people, I was in a room exactly in from of the outdoor pool, regardless the sound of a fountaing it turned to be really nice, they turn it off at about 10PM.

The only thing that I actually didn't like is that they close the bar at 10PM, that's too early in my opinion.

In general is a nice hotel, very convenient location, nice people and good prices.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
San C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Good day, Thanks for your comments we hope to host you soon.