“Disappointing ”
Review of Baymen's Tavern

Baymen's Tavern
Ranked #17 of 117 Restaurants in Belize City
Description: Sip an exotic island beverage on the veranda as you look over the garden area, the pool deck or the majestic Caribbean Sea at this family-friendly tavern. If you aren’t thirsty, enjoy live music and a meal in the air-conditioned section. A kids’ menu is also available.
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here. We were looking for something casual and light. The setting was nice.
We got a pitcher of Sangria, it was just pure sugar. It’s hard to say whether there was actually wine in it.
I ordered the Belize roasted corn salad. It said it had basil , but it didn’t. The tomatoes were anemic. I’ve seen and bought some really great produce here, so I’m not sure what the deal was. The menu indicated it came with a balsamic vinaigrette but they put a ramekin of just pure balsamic on the side. I asked for olive oil to add to the salad, I got tasteless vegetable oil.

My husbands pizza was a sad cheap quality frozen pizza. Funny the pizza was ready at least 10 minutes before my salad. The restaurant was not busy. I was not expecting a Michelin star meal but I’ve had better pizza from Pizza Hut.
I don’t know if they were having an off night or what but I was really disappointed and would not recommend it.

RadissonBZE, Guest Relations Manager at Baymen's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

We can't apologize enough for this experience. We pride ourselves on the highest quality meals with the freshest ingredients. Our pizza is usually such a big hit because we make it from scratch. please accept our sincerest apology and our deepest regrets that we didn't have the chance to fix this immediately. Thank you for sharing, and we do hope you'll give us another chance to exceed your expectations

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I absolutely loved the place. The view is amazing, the setting, very nice, the food was great, all the staff were very nice, friendly, welcoming and helpful. And, of course, there was Alex! She was great, very cheerful, great sense of humor, impecable service, excellent recommendations, even when she had to "fight" with us! We were glad we listened.

Thank you so much for the great review Anca! We're really glad you enjoyed your time with us. We've shared your comments with Alex and she was honored to have been mentioned by name. Thanks for giving us the chance to recognize her for a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I just love the location with a beautiful ocean view and 5 star service. I had a pizza the first time I sent to the Tavern then notice many other guest enjoying Burgers, Chicken Sandwiches, Cesar Salad and
Ceviche which is my husbands favorite. So now its our spot for Ceviche and a great Salad and yes Pizza.
A must while you are in Belize City

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Although not staying at the Radisson hotel, I spent a day at the pool (Paid US$5.00 to do so) and had lunch at the Baymen's Tavern. Inside the air-conditioned part of the restaurant was about half full of diners and a sprinkling of people sat on the wide verandah. Service was a little slow and the "British-style fish and chips" I ordered was heavily coated in very thick batter that I had to peel off. Perhaps other dishes would have been more palatable.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We ended up eating lunch here twice. It is one of the Fort George Radisson's restaurants. The prices were a little higher than other places we ate in Belize, but it is part of a higher end hotel that sits on the water.
They had a lot of different options on the menu. (Burgers, seafood, wraps, salads, etc) The first time I had the lobster bites. It is like chicken tenders except with lobster. The portions were way larger than I expected. The service was also very good. This reminded me more of a restaurant you would find in the US, than many of the other places we ate in Belize.
It has a nice relaxed atmosphere. It you are in the area, it is a really good choice for food.