“So-So Restaurant”

Sun Garden Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 117 Restaurants in Belize City
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Before we ate here, I had read other reviews that said things like "good if you're hungry" or "fills the need" - and, upon eating here, I totally get it.

Like many other reviewers, I ate here before going through security. I was starving and knew it'd be several hours before my next chance to eat. There were only a handful of items on the day's menu... and some of those items weren't even available.

Though it was overpriced, I will say that the food did taste good. We had the meatballs and enjoyed them. And, the fried plantain was great - especially as I was getting ready to leave Belize.

This definitely wouldn't be a restaurant I'd ever seek out or recommend - but if you're stuck at the airport and hungry, it's decent food in an air conditioned space.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located in the airport and it was our Last meal before getting on the plane.. The restaurant closes early like around 4:30. We got there on time and my fiancé ordered the stewed chicken and i had the roasted chicken. Our food had a Jamaican/ Caribbean feel to it. It was good. We enjoyed our last meal in San Pedro. And their rum cake is a must!!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We went there before going through security. The place was nearly empty (after the security check there seems to be the same place but with no seating and very busy). The service was slow but we had time. The food was okay but not great, although plentiful. Since we were hungry, it did the job.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to my last Belizean rice and beans and chicken in an air conditioned setting before our flight home. The selection was minimal, and it looked dangerously suspicious. Thankfully, we did not get sick, but the food looked unappealing, and was barely warm. The restaurant was warm, and the wait staff was cool and inattentive, and the food overpriced. Next time I will eat at the stands located outside the airport under the blue tarps. I' ve heard the food was tasty, and very reasonably priced. Sun Garden was a sharp contrast to the delicious food and warm friendliness we experienced from the Belizean people in our travels.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Service was garbage. As I write this, we've been here for 1 hour and 20 minutes waiting for chicken wings (they were terrible by the way). Food was meh. Our chicken nachos was basically shredded chicken (with bonus chicken bones) with Velveeta. Not very appetizing. The Bloody Mary's we ordered was basically ketchup and water. A 5 year old can make better bloody Mary's. The restaurant itself has a great view of air conditioning units and a wall. There could have been so much potential for a viewing platform to watch planes... Even just having an outdoor patio, but you're treated to an airport cafeteria, except cafeteria food is better. Did I mention there is no Marie Sharp's?!
I would go hungry on a 4 hour flight before I eat here again. The only reason it's not 1 Star is because the Wi-Fi is actually decent.

1  Thank LOUIS R