All reviews seafood restaurant great view of the ocean caribbean sea taxi driver waterfront
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Ok, so here goes in the order of my title. The good; just as I would expect in any hotel, the front desk staff and all supporting staff where what most Belizian people are, very friendly, helpful, inquisitive and thankful. The hotel was in good shape for the economy that supports it as most people will understand and it is 1of 2 that I would consider to be for the business traveler albeit I have not been to all of them so it is just my personal opinion. The bad; in my opinion there could be much more done to bring the facility up to date a bit more but I believe that greed is a strong contributing factor and not just the economy that supports the hotel as Belize is a popular tourist place and wages are meager at best. The ugly; when I tried to add 20% to my waiters tip on my credit card they indicated that they would rather I contribute nothing because management does not give them the money anyways and they keep it for themselves. This is not surprising but is troubling given that this hotel is part of the Ramada chains of hotels and thus should be scrutinized for such things and held accountable for these types of misconduct. Please do not misunderstand the above review; I recommend this hotel but this message is to share information only of my experience and opinion.

Room tip: ocean view
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank armyeng1
RigobertoM101, General Manager at Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to know that our staff were supportive. We appreciate your kind words about our Belizean people also. Admittedly, much more can be done to the hotel and we are happy to announce that we are working on some renovations. Moreover, I am sorry to hear about your experience regarding the waiters tip. This is new to me because as part of the Ramada chains of hotels we live up to our standards.

Our employees are important to us. Perhaps the waiter did not know that any tip earned is added to their pay rather than separately. Thank you again because it is through reviews like these that we get to improve. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Pro:
* Continental breakfast is not bad.
* Security everywhere but looks shady to me
* You get free bottle water everytime they clean your room
Con:
* Receptionist rude. Really!!
* Room not the same as picture.
* Ask front desk for towels, never got them.
* Room key did not work. Have to go to front desk 3 times for them to fix it,
* Showers and faucet are so heavily clogged with lime buildup. Use CLR, people!!
* One window has darkening curtains but the side one doesn’t. The blinds doesn’t even work.
OVERALL: I already gave RAMADA a bad review before. This is the second one I’m giving them. The other one has cockroaches in that hotel. So please, work on your franchise. This chain is turning into a bad truck roadside motel. Spend that extra 50 dollars for a better service.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Aerily
RigobertoM101, General Manager at Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Dear Guest,
We're extremely sorry that you had to face such difficulties, problems in customer service is not something we are known for. We pride ourselves in providing great customer service and we'd like to do the same for you. We may not be able to change the past but if you give us a chance, we will completely make it up to you.
We are extremely sorry to hear about this, and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. For future reference, please note that there is a 24 hour manager on duty at the hotel with whom you can voice your concerns. We'd like to make sure that such incident don't happen again.
Once more we apologize for your experience.

Warm regards,
Asuceli C
Sales

Reviewed 3 August 2018

From your initial greeting at the front desk from Natalie ,Bentha and Karen,
The breakfast buffet is fresh and full of local fruits, vegetables and breads as well as all your standard favorites. The pools are great and well maintained. You couldn't ask for a friendlier or more attentive staff.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mr Amir,
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.

Warm regards,
Asuceli C
Sales

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was ok, but not great. The good: room was nice and clean. Breakfast buffet was great. Convenient with casino part of hotel and movie theater. Pool was large. Had arcade for folks with kids. Popular for events, had a taste of Belize event while there. The Bad: parking is very limited, hotel has a sulfur smell, seaweed on the coast smells bad, noisy people early in morning, room did not get cleaned by housekeeping until around 5 pm.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank your for your review. I am glad to hear that the room was nice and that breakfast was great. I also appreciate your words regarding our other amenities and events. It's always a pleasure to have a Taste of Belize event at the Ramada! On the other hand, I am sorry that we had limited parking and that our atmosphere was not the best. The hotel is very old which is a reason for the smell. However, we do try our best to make improvements. Moreover, regarding the seaweed smell it was something out of our reach. This year Belize experienced the misfortune of getting a large amount of seaweed along our coasts. However, we are clear now. I am also sorry for the late housekeeping. Chances are we had limited housekeeping staff that week.

We hope to see you again and make it up to you.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

There was a big swimming pool but rather shallow.
There is a place for ships, so yp\ou can get direct ride to the island.
The rooms are comfortable. The food for dinner was a worst served stuff I have ever seen.

Room tip: Sea view ius nice
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review. I appreciate your comments about the pool, dock and rooms. However, I am sorry to hear about the food for dinner. It is an area that we are working on so I assure you that it will not happen again. We have made a few changes to the menu actually.

We hope to see you soon and make it up to you with something new from our menu. I assure you that we will not let you down this time! Let me know of your next visit!

Regards,