All reviews nice pool gift shop international airport outdoor bar breakfast buffet shuttle service beds were comfortable coffee maker last night bw belize marion computers stopover country refrigerator usa
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I can't quite give the hotel 5 stars because it's not a "5 star" hotel. That being said, whenever I travel to Belize City, this will be my go to location. The rooms are not luxurious, but are nice and clean without a lot of bells and whistles. I had what I think was the "Belizean" breakfast which consisted of fry jacks, beans and eggs - delicious. For a late night snack I had a shrimp ceviche, also delicious. The staff was friendly. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hi Miiko, Thank you very much for your review. I have shared it with my team and they are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We all see that you enjoyed my favorite breakfast; can't go wrong with the Belizean Breakfast.

Please let us know when you are visiting Belize and let us be your host once again.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

My friend and I stayed for only one night at the Best Western. We flew in from San Pedro at 5 PM and left the following morning at 7 AM for the international airport to head home. I was impressed with the standard room we booked. It was renovated, the beds were super comfortable, and the AC was ice cold. We couldn't hear any traffic from our room at all. There is a pool at the hotel, but we didn't get a chance to hop in because it was extremely crowded. The restaurant at the hotel was really nice and the food was tasty. Highly recommend. The taxi from the municipal airport was $15 BZ. Shuttle to the international airport was $25 USD. I would recommend staying at this hotel for a short stay in Belize City.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I came to Belize for a week of work and cancelled my group's original stay (33 people) @ another hotel after only one night (terrible smell, poor conditions in the rooms) and moved it here after being recommended by someone from the airport. It is not on the water or in the heart of Belize City like the last hotel, but the staff (Jennifer at the front desk, Maria and Marion in sales, and Ted the GM) made up for it with their customer service. They are all truly amazing and really care about their customers and their experiences while in Belize. They realize that the vacation experience starts and ends with the hotel! It is 15 minutes in between the airport and Belize City along the main "highway". The rooms are great and they have been updated with brand new beds, in room wifi, TVs and AC units. The maid staff are also amazing, they keep the rooms extremely clean and well stocked. The pool and bar (Ms Dayan or Ms D!) were a nice place to relax as well as the gym with new equipment! There is still plenty of construction on the road out front, like the rest of the area, but they are almost done inside the hotel. It goes to show that they are updating the hotel to better suit their clientele. They are also very thankful and accepting of recommendations for future improvements. I would highly recommend this hotel to any and everyone whether it be for a single night or a long stay. This will be the my first choice anytime I or my group comes back to Belize.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hi Chris, we are truly happy that you chose us the Biltmore Hotel as your home during your visit to Belize. We enjoyed having you and your group here at the hotel. We know that you will be back in Belize and we are ready once again to be your host. Thank you and looking forward to being your host once again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I’m going to leave this establishment a raving 5-Star review for so many reasons! After spending close to two weeks in Placencia & in the hills of San Ignacio, this was such a welcome back to reality with super clean and large rooms (newly renovated), a great pool and outdoor area, a very nice indoor/outdoor restaurant, and a great staff in general. Yes there was construction on property and on the main road; but honestly we put our headphones in and never noticed a thing! Their website notes the construction so no surprise there. The only thing I would note is that the outdoor bar staff is not very attentive, but you’re in a great atmosphere so who cares?! Close to the airport and has a shuttle. Very convenient and extremely comfortable. I highly recommend!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Guest, thank you very much for the honest review. We are close to completion of our newly renovated rooms and as you experience it is great to have a newly renovated room that is spacious and super clean. Our staff prides themselves in having the cleanest rooms in town. We are just 10 minutes from the international airport and provide shuttle for a cost. Thank you for advising us on the pool staff and I promise to work with them on the service.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Unlike the large disaster of a hotel I had to stay at during my last visit, the Biltmore is always striving to be better. Always a new renovation to create a better guest experience. Smiling and courteous staff. Consistent, well kept rooms. I will keep returning as long as they have room for me.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for the great review you have provide us. We always strive to provide our guest the utmost best. We are presently adding 8 more rooms to the Biltmore Hotel so that we can have room for you every time you visit us. Please give us your next date and let us help you with our reservation.