“Great Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Everytime I make a visit here in Belize, I always make sure I come to get my Indian food! Known the chef for years and he has kept his food consistent!

1  Thank hema478

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I went with a few customers today because I have been in Belize for a week and craved some Indian food. I did the ordering since they were unfamiliar with Indian food. First we came in and the server just stared at us so we chose seats for ourselves. She brought us menus and asked about drinks, we all just ordered bottled water. I then ordered Onion Bhaji and Samosas for appetizers and Chicken Tikka Masala and Shrimp Biryani + Naan. Very strange, the onion Bhaji was spectacular one of the best I have had. The Samosa was average to below average and the condiments were fine. They offered a mint chutney, pickled carrots and onions. I would have liked an option of a sweeter dip for the bhaji but now I am nit-picking.

The main course came, the Chicken Tikka Masala was good although a strange pinkish shade. The rice was plain white rice and was fine also. The Biryani left something to be desired, it was not good at all. The taste was all wrong, the clove was way to strong and overpowered all of the other spices. The only way I ate it was to cover it in the Tikka Masala gravy. Finally the Naan flaked apart to easy, it was tough to get a good tear off of the main piece and it tasted average.

For that meal it was $102 Belize Dollar

Overall I would probably return since there are not many options for Indian in the area, but since I am only here another week probably not this trip.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The restaurant is managed by family and they don't know anything about service. We were excited to go an Indian restaurant in Belize on the valentine day. Very disorganized. Three people were trying to service about 50 people in the restraint. The greedy and crazy owner was delivering food while so many people were waiting.

Food was not bad, but with that type of service, I don't think it can sustain. too bad that the family can't think that customers expect prompt courteous service, shame, shame!!!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I had a craving for Indian food, which I get often after having been there. I read reviews about Sumathi and the latest had not been good. I was in a taxi going to a Chinese restaurant nearby and when I asked the taxi driver about Sumathi, he said it was good. So I went there and am so glad I did. The paneer was delicious and fresh, There was so much food I had take-away which was another whole meal! They served condiments I had never tasted before. The service was fine and they were most helpful calling my taxi man again. Thank you Sumathi for being there!

2  Thank webklan
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We eat a lot of Indian food (my wife is from Bangladesh) and we were happy to find an Indian restaurant in Belize City.

The interior was comfortable and spacious. Unlike most Indian restaurants in the U.S., the menu has some south Indian dishes as well as the usual Punjabi/Marathi fare. The food arrived fairly quickly. Naan bread is included with the entrees, as well as rice.

The food was ok, meaning that it was average. Nothing wrong, nothing special. Prices were fair. The service was a little spotty, as we had to repeat ourselves two or three times, because the waitress seemed like she did not comprehend us. My wife and I speak standard American English. But that was a minor glitch. Everything else was fine.

1  Thank Cortes0505