“Good Local Eats”
Review of Nerries

Nerries
Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Belize City
Reviewed 17 March 2017

A driver from a tour dropped us off here when we asked for a good local restaurant. This is close tot eh San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi ferry dock. The place was simple and clean. Washrooms available. The menu was somewhat unclear (chalk, some was erased, some listed items were not available) but our host was welcoming and did his best to explain the menu. They had daily specials, I ordered a boil up which was 12BZE. It was a very filling dish of big chunks of boiled root vegetables, some boiled fish, plantain and pig's tail in a nice salty tomato sauce with flatbread on the side. ( Personally I wasn't crazy about the fish or the plantain, but I really liked the sauce, veggies, and flatbread).
My friends had some chicken with rice and said their food was a bit bland (plain rice).

Reviewed 14 March 2017

WE were going to go to Nerie's for dinner however they do not serve dinner ( thats when we went to the Bird's Isle). So the following day we went to Nerie's for lunch. The food was very local and spicy but really good. Talk about cheap eats great value. The service was very good and the food was fresh.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I was so happy to have this place very close to where I stayed. I only had breakfast there but enjoyed tasting a Belize style tipico after eating a lot of Guatemalen tipico breakfasts. I like that the beans are spicey! The fresh watermelon juice was delicious.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Food is simple and not as tasty as it could have been. Pork chops are too dry, coconut rice is not so tasty as in other places. Do not expect much, it is a budget place, take away options available. Beer is 4-7 BZD, Pork chops 18, Seré soup 12, 3 type of desserts for 3 BZD. Breakfast - different omelettes for 12.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Portions were very generous and price was more than reasonable for repeat visits. Only complaint was waitress was fairly dry with us.