All reviews swinging chairs pool area water taxi fourth floor full size refrigerator nice pool ocean side flat screen tv office staff golf cart beds were comfortable cleaning staff spent nights our honeymoon four nights visiting caye caulker front street
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I booked a room at Island Magic via hotels.com - I was meant to stay for 3 nights and left after the first night. I was extremely disappointed due to the price, noise level, cleanliness. The front desk attendants were absolutely lovely, but for the price and description I thought it would be a lot different than what I got. When I booked the room I had thought I was viewing it in Belize dollars at $140/night for a pool view. I was later charged in USD. I probably would not have been as disappointed if I was not being charged such a high cost.

This place is loud and there's not a lot of space between the pool, grill and the rooms. If you book a room here seeking peace and quiet you will be disappointed - during the day the pool area is loud and you will hear everything in your room - at least I did in the pool view room. This is a place for kids - lots of kids who are all using the pool.

Security wise something I did not like was the fact that anyone who was at the Magic Grill could walk back to the pool area - while on the hammock I watched two men wander back and scope everything out - including what appeared to be the rooms - as a single female traveler I did not feel secure here.

The room itself was disappointing - very claustrophobic, lack of decor - no pool towels provided, no dresser nor closet. For clothes they had a rack with hangers and shelves on the wall. There was a safe in the room they offered to program. The bathroom had soap, there was a shampoo dispenser on the wall, but it was empty.

Cleanliness was also a factor - on the walls there appeared to be smashed mosquitos. There was some tuft of hair that was blowing around on the outside sitting area and tape holding up the hammock. Rust covered the spicket in the bathroom and there were ants on the floor (note, I have nothing against the ants - but on top of everything else it was a bit much).

If the price was right I'd recommend this to budget travelers, but I can't do that at the high cost. I was extremely disappointed with deciding to book this room.

Room tip: Make sure of the currency before you commit to any bookings - advise not to book a pool view room.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
9  Thank puccile
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Room 17 (3rd floor middle), and really enjoyed our daily view. The front desk manager was cheerfully helpful with everything we needed: pool towels, extra towels, an in-room coffee maker, wine glasses, etc. Great water pressure in the shower, bathroom sink drained slowly but who cares?, comfortable enough king bed, great hammock on the balcony. Had one breakfast and one lunch at the restaurant - both just okay, but the view!! The welcome cocktail on arrival was a nice touch. As other reviewers mentioned, it would be nice if they provided water for guests. You get one small bottle per person at check in, and that's it. Location is convenient - we easily walked everywhere. WARNING: don't get your laundry done by the lady across the street from the hotel. She charged us $20 US for a single load of clothes(!), AND she ruined several of our things, including a favorite pair of khaki pants that are now basically tie dyed pink. Most locals definitely aren't out to rip off the tourists, but this lady is.
Overall, though, we really loved our time on Caye Caulker, and would probably stay at Island Magic again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank answerisyes
Reviewed 12 March 2018

This resort is amazing! The staff is very accommodating and the owner is a jewel! The resort is on the "quiet" end of the island I would say, it is close to many restaurants but not so close to the busy part of the island. The rooms are wonderful, daily maid service and couldn't ask for a better view. If you want a nice relaxing vacation I would recommend Island Magic.

Room tip: Room 3 or 8, ocean view with easy access to the pool
1  Thank 22_JJ_2014
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Last year we stayed at CoCo Beach Resort on San Pedro. Totally impressed. So for our visit to Caye Caulker we paid $250 a night for the top middle room at Island Magic. Not happy with this place at all. I would personally not recommend it. The service was awful as far as getting towels, etc. And everything that goes on outside in the stairwell echos into the room. We were told my many that the price is way and there are many other better and cheaper options. Our room was LOUD!. ROOM 19. View was nice, but not worth it. The bar/restaurant not much better. We used it twice and neither time was the service good.

Room tip: If you choose this place. Choose one of the cheaper rooms. Not worth paying to much.
5  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We just got home from 3 days at Island Magic and couldn't have been happier with our accommodations. A/C, beautiful balcony overlooking the ocean and pool. Great food. Super nice people. Excellent location. The swinging chairs on the beach were awesome!