All reviews third floor free coffee in the morning awesome bartender bar tender rooms are clean small pool nice room small hotel poolside bar top floor golf cart restaurants and bars water pressure worked great cleaning staff welcome drink an excursion
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The location of the hotel was perfect for me. Its a short walk north of the center of San Pedro, but being a bit out of the center of town makes it a bit more peaceful but its still easy to get around.

The pool is very nice to have, as the ocean has a lot of seagrass and isn't always where you want to swim. I saw other comments about there being plant debris in the pool. You must understand that the caye is very windy and there is little that can be done to prevent palm fronds and such from ending up in the pool. The staff takes good care of the pool and do all they can.

The rooms are basic, but have all they need. The shower has good water pressure and I never had an issue with water temperature. The room comes with a mini fridge which is very helpful. I would have liked a bit more lighting in the room as my room only had one over head light, but it wasn't a problem.

The staff was helpful with arranging for taxis and tours. I used the dive shop affiliated with the hotel to arrange a sailing snorkel trip to Hol Chan which was excellent. They also helped me find a good dive company to go to the Blue Hole.

Room Tip: no problem with ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristina P
OceanTideBeach, General Manager at Ocean Tide Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our resort. We are so glad you found our hotel a good place to stay.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

We enjoyed our stay here so much! Very friendly staff that will help you find just about anything. Rooms are clean and nice Located just off Boca de Rio this little home away from has all the comforts of home. Just walking distance from great bars including the Lazy Pelican that is right on location with some yummy rum punch. We are already planning our trip back for our next anniversary.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. Looking forward to see you guys again.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

We spent one night at Ocean Tide. Our room was spacious and clean. The wood floors I just loved. There were hammocks around for guests to use which was fantastic. The pool area is not the most pristine I've ever seen, but it's not bad either. There are plenty of chairs on the deck that are very comfortable and having the bar right there is super handy. It's at a great location, central and easily accessible to a variety of restaurants and bars. Right on the beach which is gorgeous. The staff that I dealt with were all very friendly.

We do have two youngish children and did find the atmosphere (not just here, but in all of San Pedro) a little....mature. We only saw a handful of families with school age children traveling as it's most of a 55+ type area.

The bed was not the most comfortable out there, but again, it wasn't terrible.
It wouldn't be my first choice to stay, but I did like the spaciousness of the room and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our beds, we have already taken care of them and ongoing upgrades to the property as well.

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Turtle room was simple yet adequate. I hear the 2nd and 3rd stories are newly renovated and nicer.
What put it over the top for me, was the awesome location and service from Ray and the delicious food prepared onsite by Sheri. Sit back and enjoy the best rum punch and chili dogs while Boo-boo brings you up to speed on the local happenings. Too cute!

I'd return tomorrow if I could.

Todd

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you for taking your time to provide us with a wonderful feedback on our resort. Raymond has such a lovely energy on what does just as the rest of the staff. I will make sure he is aware of your awesome feedback.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

We have been coming to Belize for some years with mission teams. We love taking a day off at the end of the week in San Pedro. Ocean Tide Beach Resort has been a great place to land at the end of the week. We come in on Thursday afternoon and leave on Saturday to go home. The rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful. The location is perfect for allowing our group to go fishing, snorkeling or walking the town. We love the pool next to the beach and the rooms give a perfect view of the water and the reef. I've had different families who have stayed over after the team leaves and they have appreciated the service and the price.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I’m thrilled your experience was a positive one and I look forward to seeing you back soon. We always enjoy having your group here.