All reviews perch beach bar ambergris caye golf cart water trampoline office staff close to town zip line front office king bed location was perfect air conditioner downtown san pedro walk along the beach fish sea grass nice pool
Reviewed 6 October 2018

This hotel is simply beautiful, with one of the best views I've ever enjoyed a beer over. It's amenities are brilliant to, with great food in the bar and pools, or the sea, to hand. Staff especially bartenders were great.
The water park - at the end of a dock in the Caribbean sea - is great fun too and a brilliant way to spend a boozy afternoon in the sun

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I visited for 8 days from the end of June - beginning of July and was very happy. I have stayed elsewhere on Ambergris Caye but chose this hotel for a couple of reasons: 1. The small inflatable water park which my 11 year old son loved, so much that we were here almost daily (it does cost extra which is not disclosed on the website but not much) 2. It's walking distance to town, probably about 20 minutes on the beach (wish it had been a little closer) 3. I did not want a resort far north or south, away from town. 4. Price was great
Rooms are fine, small but we weren't in them much, towels were always replaced if put on the floor (not if left hung, to conserve water). They did not provide drinking water, which is provided at other places I've stayed but we had a mini fridge. WiFi worked with no problem (websites, emails, YouTube videos, games, etc).
Food is a bit expensive. Bartenders are great, friendly, and polite. Loved it bar at the end of the pier where I sat while my son was at the water park.
They host a lot of student groups and have karaoke a couple nights a week. That got a bit loud at night.
Pools are small, beach is great. Workers are always raking to keep it clean and combat sargum grass as much as possible.
We also rented a golf cart from here for 2 days and went on 1 snorkeling trip. Happy with those experiences as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Poorly maintained and spartan. We had a large group, including young girls. The door of one of the rooms of our young girls would not lock. It took until the 4th room to find one that had a lock, bedding and air conditioning. No wash clothes. The bath towels were ripped. Small college lighting in the rooms. Our shower did not work properly. We had many ants in the bathroom. Most of the food was good, but it was very small portions and sometimes cold. They did not serve us breakfast the day we left. The sargassum smell was truly hard to stomach.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank ssjunco
Reviewed 31 July 2018

The hotel’s promotional picture suggests a luxury experience. Instead, the accommodations were adequate, with a struggling air conditioner and insufficient lighting. Small kitchen was fairly well equipped. Location was good, walkable to doentown San Pedro if you wanted to take the half-hour jaunt (not the ten minutes promised by the hotel). Hotel staff, especially those in the restaurants and bars, was excellent — friendly, helpful, generous with good advice. The hotel will book snorkel/scuba tours for you and has massage on-site, as well as a water slide and sea trampolines. I picked this hotel because it was one of the few that appeared to offer direct access to the beach; unfortunately the sargassum (drying, incredibly smelly seaweed) prevented entry into the ocean directly from the beach and made the whole property stink from rotten eggs. My advice is to avoid staying on the east side of Belize during the summer; I understand the sargassum extends all the way from Mexico south through Central America and will continue to wash up in nshore until the cooder months.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view, but wait until the fall to stay!
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank MarianTB
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We were here with a student tour and I think our experience got skewed because of that. Our room was a nice size, cute balcony, pool was comfortable, and the meals were good:). Location is about a 20 minute walk to town by beach, the walls are thin so you can hear TVs in other room, meals were small (I’m assuming it was because we were with the group), and they didn’t change our towels (saving water I assume). All that being said, I saw how much it cost and for its location it is worth it. If I went back, I’d stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple