US$210
Caye Casa(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$131
Hotels.com
The Palms Oceanfront Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$170
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hotels.com
Las Terrazas Resort(San Pedro)
US$349
Expedia
Cayo Espanto(San Pedro)
US$1,895
  • Breakfast included
Sandbar Beachfront Hostel & Restaurant(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfly fishinggreat fishingfamily stylefishing lodgegrand slamfishing directorcasting lessonssalt waterrecommend elother guestsguided fishingbone fishfly shopfishing storiesvisited ellodge roomsthe main lodge
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Just landed Houston from our 4 night stay at El Pescador. From the the time we landed in San Pedro until we were dropped back off they catered to what ever we needed.
Where I wanted to fish and for what. Michael my guide was more than patient with my short cast and so willing to teach me along the way. By the time my trip was over I was laying line out 3 times farther than when I got there.
The food was awesome and the fellowship with the other guest was awesome. I believe a lot of that was because we were all happy about our stay. The villa we had was well keep and very clean.
My wife and sister n law were traveling with me. They raced about all of their outing. A group of ladies from the lodge got together for the reef fishing and cookout. All the could talk about was the great time and sharing pictures.
Thanks El Pescador. See you soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Lets do the good stuff first - the hotel staff were extremely friendly, polite and helpful. The rooms were good and the food was ok. The fishing was massively disappointing - probably the worst we've ever experienced and we've fished around the world. The lodge holds itself out to both fly and spin - lure fishing is almost impossible given the extent of the shallow waters. When we showed our lures to the guide he simply dismissed the idea of using them - this should have been clearly spelled out on the lodge's website - if so, we wouldn't have gone to El Pescador. We spent 6 days looking for the elusive Permit and Tarpon - caught a few, but it was simply boring and not what we thought we'd paid for. Extremely disappointing and we left feeling extremely cheated. Even those that fly fished didn't seem to catch many.
Another point - the guides all seem to want to get back to the lodge at 2.00pm - there's still 4 hours of daylight left.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
ElPescadorBelize, Owner at El Pescador Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you so much for your message and time spent with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the lodge and the staff. I sincerely apologize that your fishing was disappointing. We always want to exceed our guests' expectations.

We specialize in in-shore, light tackle (either fly or spin), flats fishing - primarily for bonefish, tarpon and permit. Via your comments here, as well as on your exit survey at check out, where you mentioned being disappointed that you "didn't see any grouper, mahi-mahi, wahoo, etc" it seems that you were looking for off-shore, deep sea fishing. I have gone over all of your reservation documents and correspondence - no where did you mention these species or deep sea fishing; if you had, we would have pointed you to a different lodge that specializes in off-shore fishing. Deep sea fishing is a lot of fun, it just is not what we do. Our guide boats are built for the flats with shallow drafts that make them ideal for skinny water but not for going outside the reef.

Although there are exceptions to every rule in saltwater, flats fishing is typically not a numbers game. It is some of the most difficult fishing there is, and for that reason it can also be the most rewarding. While fishing with us you landed 3 permit, 2 tarpon, 6 jacks, 8 barracuda plus a few others. By our estimation that is a fantastic week of fishing with a lot of fish boated.

Regarding the hours fished, we fish 8 - 10 hours per day which most anglers find more than enough sun for the day. However, we do offer extra hours (above 10 hours per day) for extra $ if anyone wishes.

I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your fishing needs during your valuable vacation time. I assure you that we will do a better job of making sure all potential guests are aware that we fish in-shore, shallow water and focus of bonefish, tarpon and permit (not grouper, wahoo or dorado).

Please feel free to contact me anytime at info@elpescador.com.

My best regards,

Alissa Flota

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended to anyone wishing to indulge in the above
Staff extremely smiley, friendly and helpful. The accomodation and food were excellent and the fishing equally so. See their website which is fairly accurate
I expect to be back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2018

The perfect package for any dedicated fly angler looking to hunt for migratory Tarpon, Permit and Bonefish. Excellent accommodations, and food. Awesome staff and a warm family atmosphere. Guides are among the best I have ever encountered in 30+ years. Will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms are modern, clean and well done. ALL accommodations have ocean views and requisite a/c.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad W
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and loving staff everyone greets you with a that makes you feel very welcome. The food was amazing great taste.the lodge was a great get away to spend quality time and celebrate our anniversary.cant wait to go back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple