1,087 results
All reviews red ginger chocolate tasting in town golf cart ambergris caye cell phone full kitchen pool staff front desk staff laundry detergent pool bar huge balcony wrap around balcony dinner reservations every amenity bedroom suite onsite restaurant
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We spent 8 nights at The Phoenix as a high school graduation, 16th birthday and wedding anniversary celebration all rolled into one! Our time was wonderful and the staff was accomadating in every way imaginable.

The guest services staff was top notch from emails before we arrived to meeting all of our needs while on site. Anna, Tatiana, Cesi and the rest were wonderful. They knew us by name and helped with anything we needed including forgotten toiletry items at no charge.

The taxi from Tropic Air to and from The Phoenix was perfect and very punctual - inculding our day trip to Lamanai.

The pool bar guys - all 3 of them - were consistently helpful and greeted us every day by offering towel service, frozen drinks and lunch poolside...as well as helping us find chairs together during the busier times.

Housekeeping was great - early room clean up and the turn-down service in the evening was a treat. Coming back after sunset to the room ready for the night was exactly what we needed.

The seclusion and cleanliness of the property was very nice after walking around San Pedro and the busyness of the golf carts and people going from place to place.

My husband and daughter participated in the Saturday morning beach cleanup and the complimentary happy hour every night was fun to meet and talk with other guests.

The Phoenix is walking distance to just about everything - we went to a different restaurant every night and many lunches also. We found all of the coffee bars and tried them all out. We found the ice cream/custard places and tried them also.

A morning of complimentary kayaking and paddle-boarding also added to our adventures. The guest services team organized our full day beach/fish/bbq and our Lamanai trip. Both were stellar!

All in all, this trip exceeded our expectations thanks to the full team at The Phoenix. Thank you for a great escape from reality for a week!! We were sad to leave.

Room Tip: A12 - excellent view and great location!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank vatchr
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Great place to relax!! Ask for Jackie, best massage. She was very nice, and the pressure was perfect. Definitely a place to check out on your trip. The location was beautiful, I will definitely be returning

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We have a really nice Tempurpedic mattress and pillows at home. Usually, when I come home from a long trip, I throw myself exhausted into that bed, glad to enjoy the comforts of home. This was the first trip I ever came home from where I threw myself into the bed and thought to myself, "Boy, do I miss that bed at the Phoenix."

We stayed for 8 nights at the Phoenix, and this was probably the best experience I've ever had at a resort. The two-bedroom unit we had was incredibly spacious and well-equipped. Lots of wonderful little touches, like a Bose speaker that will connect via Bluetooth to your phone so you can play your own music, and free filtered water and ice on tap (boy, does that turn out to be valuable!). But what really sets the Phoenix apart is the attentiveness of the front desk staff. I corresponded with them for months in advance of our trip, arranging air transportation with Tropic Air back and forth to Belize City, to the ATM cave, and to Flores, Guatemala. Two weeks prior to our arrival, we were all under a lot of stress because, by that point, my father-in-law was dying and we weren't sure whether we'd need to delay or cancel portions of the trip, or worse yet, get to Ambergris Caye and then have to hurriedly get home for a funeral. I was blown away with the Phoenix's flexibility, generosity and willingness to help us with our situation. They even referred us to another hotel in Belize City for our last stay in the country, and intervened on our behalf with a Spanish-speaking concierge in Guatemala to arrange for ground transportation from the Flores airport.

When you attend the daily happy hours (which you simply must!), you'll likely meet a number of guests who are returning to the Phoenix for their 7th or 8th year in a row. The guests themselves are such a friendly and helpful bunch that they actually add to the experience. They're also a great source of advice on local activities and food.

While the Phoenix offers peace and quiet, its front entrance is right across from the police station on one of the main three streets in San Pedro. You are within easy walking distance of at least two dozen great eateries, dive shops, and tour groups.

I would also add that, while there is no visible LGBT community or gay "scene" that we were aware of on Ambergris Caye (which wouldn't have interested us anyway, as this was a family vacation), as a same-sex couple we were treated no differently than any other family and felt 100% comfortable and accepted.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to overlook the pool with some view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank CaptainLaraB
Reviewed 1 July 2018

My husband and I loved our five-night stay at The Phoenix. Our suite was beyond spacious, and we were very impressed with the attentive, highly competent front desk staff. Nathalie at the front desk is terrific! The hotel is conveniently located close to many restaurants in San Pedro, but we loved the on-site Red Ginger so much we ate most of our meals there. We were also delighted to find our room was extremely quiet at night. We go to bed and rise early, and found our room to be conducive to the most wonderful, restful sleep.

Room Tip: We loved staying on the third floor, although there is no elevator. It was delightfully quiet. We didn't mind taking the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018

A most superior accommodation: attentive and friendly staff, excellent service, receptionists very accommodating, grounds well maintained, our spacious 2 bedroom with ocean view well designed and appointed, great TV reception, all appliances new to almost new and in working order, very clean and well kept, pool and poolside bar relaxing, fun activities, and in walking distance of downtown (though we had a cart). Highly recommend the Phoenix.

Stayed: June 2018