“Drive thru”

Porkie's Original BBQ
Ranked #1 of 5 Quick Bites in Apopka
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I’m a chef and owned a restaurant and we had pulled pork BBQ. I’m also from NC home of pulled pork. The server was absolutely great at the drive thru she was helpful, friendly, welcoming and energetic. I got a pulled pork sandwich with slaw. I also ordered all the BBQ sauces they had. The triple x sauce was a little disappointing. It was not melt your face off spicy and was really just a lot of red pepper flake. The cider vinegar and mustard was easily the most unsuccessful. I didn’t care for it at all! The cider vinegar sauce was not bad I liked the slight hint of honey. All the other sauces were traditional tomato based KC/ Memphis style sauces and all were quite tasty with slight variations of spice. The pulled pork was good a little dry and could have used more smoke. I didn’t even see any indication of a smoke ring. The slaw was fresh and vinegar based NOT mayo based which is fine. I just would not add red cabbage because the vinegar causes the red to bleed and you end up with pink slaw. Which is what I was given. The slaw tasted good, but it not amazing either. The bun was excellent, I don’t know if they bake them in house but it was a beautifully toasted brioche bun! 5 star bun! The fries were mushy even though they were blazing hot right out of the fryer. Belgium invented the fry and I lived there for years. It’s a double fry method where the first cook is in A 300 oil and they are par cooked. The second is a flash fry, 350-375 oil for just a couple of minutes to crisp the outside. As soon as the fries are pulled they MUST be Salted. Done perfect fries. Great job I would not hesitate to stop back in if I’m in the area!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Food was very tasty, not to Smokey. Cole slaw and beans were also very good. I had the ribs my husband had the pulled pork, both tasty.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I finally got to go to Porkies after living in Apopka for several years and everyone telling me great things. The pulled pork sandwich was delicious, and I loved the variety of sauces that they give. I enjoyed sitting outside as well. their fries were a little salty, but that's okay, salt's delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful every step of the way!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Food was good but nothing to rave about. Pretty much run-of -the mill BBQ, Parking is a premium ans getting in and out can be a problem

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 17 December 2017

After years of hearing about Porkies BBQ on Tom and Dan, I finally had the opportunity to eat there. The pulled pork and sides were amazing! We actually came back for a second time during our week long visit to Orlando. Great BBQ from some really nice people.

Date of visit: December 2017