“Good for a special event”

Back Room Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Back Room Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Apopka
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Welch Rd.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Very pricey, party for the area, but also very good. Service perfect, food scrumptious. A place we reserve for birthdays and anniversaries.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

The back room steakhouse offers a semi-casual feel, dim lighting, a full bar, and an excellent menu! The highlight of the al la cartè menu is their steaks, their main features are New York strip, filet mignón, and ribeye. Their sides were delectable and the service was great! A bit pricy but an absolutely amazing restaurant to go to. Not to formal for small children but formal enough for a romantic meal.

Definitely check this out if your in the area!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Most of our group had steak. The steak had great flavor! For aging for 28 days it was not as tender as you would expect and for the price point. Everything else was very tasty. These may not be words that a fine dining restaurant wants to hear.
The service was phenomenal!
We had such a lovely evening at the Back Room. There is a dress code. The hours are short, so plan ahead and reserve seating.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We had a reservation for 8:30 on Saturday night. We ordered baked potatoes with our steaks and the waitress came back to tell us they were out of baked potatoes, so we ordered garlic mashed. She came back again to tell us they were out of mashed. So we ordered the steak fries and risotto. When it came they gave me a baked potato and my husband the fries. I wish they would have asked because I would have rather him have it. The fries were obviously frozen. The Caesar salad was tasteless. The apps were good (although the egg rolls were too big and hard to eat) and the steaks were awesome. Everything else was very average. Didn’t feel quite worth the price.

edwardcH7816ND, Owner at Back Room Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thanks Erlynna for the feedback, I apologize for running out of the items you mentioned. We do our best to prepare everything based on projected guess counts but obviously we did not do a good job that evening. My apologies again and we appreciate your patronage. If you do decide to return, please ask for me, Ed, the owner. Thanks

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Restaurants located in strip shopping malls can sometimes appear to not be upscale establishments but as the saying goes "You Can't Judge a Book by it's Cover". My wife and I were in town on business and we felt like a good steak for dinner. I looked up the top restaurants in Apopka and there was The Back Room Steakhouse right at the top of the list and rightly so. Once we walked in the door I was reassured that it was a true upscale restaurant with a very nice and comfortable atmosphere. The staff was great and very attentive right from the beginning. I ordered a NY Strip Steak and my wife had the Surf & Turf (kabob with steak and shrimp). Both came out cooked to what we requested and both tender and delicious. I really liked that the meals come with 2 sides and that you don't have to pay extra for them like other steakhouses. The other plus for me is that this is NOT a chain and is instead owned by a local gentleman who can be found working there as well. Next time we are in town we will return for another great meal!