“A local steakhouse that has it going on”

The Back Room Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Back Room Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Apopka
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Welch Rd.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Back Room is a surprisingly good steakhouse. Unassumingly located in a strip mall, it is very nicely furnished and puts out high quality food. The bar is expansive as is the wine and liquor list.

Happy hour runs until 6 pm and is is advised to have reservations if arriving after that. Very crowded as it is a local favorite.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I will say the place is nice, i went on a Friday night and it was very busy. Overall the experience was so-so. We had several different staff members attend us. We ordered the fried mozzarella as an appetizer which is very good but a little expensive for only two spring roll size sticks. It took awhile before we could place our order and then it took almost an hour to get our steaks. The tables nearby were complaining of the wait. It was just not a good night for good service. Steaks were cooked just right and the sides we had were mashed potatoes which I've had better, creamed spinach which was very good, risotto which i liked and brocolini which was not bad but i wish they gave a bit more. Overall side dish portions were quite small. We left the restaurant satisfied but not blown away. It's a tough sale for me to return but i do recommend trying it once. Also cocktail menu was decent but they could use a few more drinks with better descriptions. So give it a shot, make a date night out of it and hopefully you enjoy.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

It's always risky having dinner with a large group, so many things can go wrong. Like someone in your party can't find anything they like, food comes out in sections or some of the food is hot while others are cold. Well, my party of 12 had none of these issues and the whole experience was over the top. The service was second to none, engaging and funny. Food came out timely, plated beautifully and was delicious. Owner was there and checked to make sure everything was perfect..... and it was.
This place is in Apopka maybe a little off the beaten path for many of you but you've got to give this hidden gem a try believe me you will not regret it
Thanks Ed and Backroom Steakhouse for making my birthday celebration one that I'll never forget.
George Ward

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Don't be put off by the location in a strip mall. This is the best steak we have ever eaten and we have eaten at some famous steak houses. Truly excellent steaks. Good service too.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

In my current top 5 of favorite restaurants...I have had the pleasure of enjoying various dinners here like celebrating a special occasions with the family, and romantic anniversary dinners with the wife! But most recently I was able to enjoy a really nice business dinner and they were truly impressed. The food, service and drinks are top notch, and it's hard to find the atmosphere that allows you to enjoy these different types of occasions...not super fancy but just the right comfortable-elegant.

Been to The Back Room Steakhouse? Share your experiences!