All reviews altamonte springs the breakfast area stayed here for two nights room was clean mini fridge nice size night stay early check front desk staff hie iron hallway hurricane hampton
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Super service, really great friendly people and clean new rooms. Nothing to complain about. Can't beat the value and the quality. Comfy beds, brand new hotel. Not sure what else to say. Breakfast is decent and they let you start a little early if you need to.

Room Tip: I never stay by elevators and there is no view to ask for.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The rooms were clean, we checked in late but they promptly got us in since we had kids with us. Breakfast area was well stocked with options. Staff was courteous and helpful. Nice location close to a lot of towns on the north side of Orlando.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank onecoolraisin
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I were traveling to Apopka for my daughter's volleyball tournament at the CPS Sportsplex the weekend of 3/16/18-3/18/18. I arrived at the hotel check in counter at approximately 9:15 p.m. after traveling for over 4 hours from Naples, Fl.

After giving my name to the front desk clerk, he informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. I said that it was impossible because I did not cancel the reservation (I booked it 2 months earlier). The clerk said that he tried to call me because the hotel was full, I hadn't checked in yet and he ran my credit card and it was declined. My card had been declined because my bank suspended use due to suspicious activity, this was due to him running my card around the same time I was putting gas in my car. It was declined at the gas station also due to use in two different cities. I showed him the text message I received from my bank to prove this to him.

Text from bank:
FREE TEXT: Bank of America has temporarily restricted the use of your debit card #**** due to unusual activity. Call 844.585.0485. To Opt Out reply STOP.

He responded "well you should have answered the phone", I explained that I was traveling and unable to answer the phone because I had my GPS plus I don't talk and drive.

I asked for a manager and there wasn't one available. I also informed him that because of me booking at this hotel my daughters teammates booked there too. He said there was nothing he could do! I told him I was traveling with children and had nowhere to go. I asked for the corporate number and called while I was still at the counter. They were unable to assist and after several minutes transferred me to a "global" department. This was unacceptable!

I read my confirmation and nowhere does it state that a room would be cancelled the day of check in. In fact, the policy on my reservation states that I would be charged the following day, see below:

Room Rate Per Night:
Fri 16 Mar 2018 - Fri 16 Mar 2018$150.92 (USD)
Sat 17 Mar 2018 - Sat 17 Mar 2018$165.62 (USD)
Total Taxes:$39.57 (USD)

Estimated Total Price:$356.11 (USD)*

MODIFY RESERVATION

Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Thursday, 15 March, 2018 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 15 March, 2018, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

I travel frequently and have NEVER, NEVER had a reservation cancelled on me in my life! This put a tremendous amount of stress on my family that night. I'm sure the hotel made out financially by selling my room out from under me for double what I booked it for. I would like to know what course of action will be taken by the unscrupulous, cut throat business practices this location has! It is bad business and I am utterly disgusted by what happened!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Sabrina M,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your feedback online. We are so sorry you didn't have a good experience at our Hotel. Our Hotel policy is like any Hotel policy around the world; A valid credit card must be used to secure your reservation for late arrival! We always encourage our guests to make sure to provide a valid credit card especially when arriving late and during special event weekends. When credit cards don't authorize, we always give our guests multiple courtesy calls to make sure they are still intended to arrive so non of the mentioned issues would happen.
Once again, please accept our apologies and please understand that these are normal procedures at most hotels here in the US.
Regards,

Management

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My GF and I were going to Orlando for an event at the fairgrounds. We waited too long to get a hotel and this was the closest we could find. No big deal, only one night.
Hotel was clean an neat as you would expect from HIE. Room was fine, clean and a nice size.
The only issue was a very peculiar smell in the hallway, and then an even worse smell in the stairway by our room.
Very odd and annoying, though we only stayed there one night so it really was no big deal - they should fix the problem though.
Food was what you would expect at an HIE.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Shirin k, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Wonderful to hear from you!!! We are glad you liked your stay and amenities. We value your opinion and we use your feedback to continuously enhance our service and amenities. Our staff strives to go above and beyond to develop service excellence for our dear guests such as yourself. We apologize about the inconvenience with regards to stairs. We had our staff to check on it since you are very valuable to us. It might not smell like the other areas of the hotel, but it is just due to the flooring material. It might be the rubber floor that you might be smelling. Good news is that we are going through renovation soon that will bring a lot of good changes. We are looking forward to seeing you again in future so we can provide you with an excellent service as it is our utmost goal.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend staying here. We checked in after 3:00pm, we were told the room was ready, when we went to the room it was still being cleaned - not a big problem.

We went back to the front, asked for another room that was ready and when we came back to the same floor the supervisor was SCREAMING at the cleaning woman - IN FRONT OF GUESTS. "HOW MANY TIMES DID I TELL YOU, etc." Just berating this poor woman, calling her slow and just repetitively barraging her with insults. I told the Manager at the front desk that the Supervisor is screaming at the woman and he was dismissive.

Having to wait an extra ten minutes for a clean room is not worth humiliating an employee or any human being. If this is how staff is treated, one cannot trust that jobs are done properly - i.e. cleaned to standard.

There is a Hampton Inn directly next store - try your luck there instead.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Shirin k, other at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay which was not like us at all. We shall make sure that this will not happen at all whatsoever. Since you are very important to us, we already addressed the issue with the immediate department and management. Our staff strives to deliver excellent experience to our valued guests, such as yourself, as our brand does. Once again, we do really appreciate your time to share your feedback with us about your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Apopka. We hope you will give us another chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Hotel Staff