“Great Food and Atmosphere ”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palm Springs Dr at Altamonte Mall
Description: Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Decided on this location because it was a midway point between 2 offices. Restaurant was clean and the decor was wonderful. Crab cakes were delicious and a rare ahi tuna salad was excellent. Will put this restaurant on my return list.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was disappointed at the mediocrity of this restaurant. The food was bland. I had the filet and it was just okay - honestly I have had better at Outback. The ambiance was not good - the background music had a pounding beat and the peoples voices were so loud - a big open room - no dampers to buffer the sound - I could barely talk to the person across the table from me. There were several lights out overhead and it was very dark.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Seasons 52
Altamonte Springs

SPOILED MOMENTS by improper AMBIANCE

This is the kind of Review that I don't like to write, but is needed.
This Review, even I'm not happily writing, is the kind that I felt obliged to write, as a constructive way of helping them to right some wrongs, inappropriate and improper behavior -needing immediate corrective- from some of their kitchen staff members.
We have been in “Seasons 52” many, many times over the years. In fact, this is my fourth review dedicated to them at their Altamonte location.
Our reservation was made -as usual- via OpenTable, so...when we got there they, friendly as ever, showed us to one of our preferred Booth sitting areas, nearby their Bar. Comfy seated we sip our martinis and enjoyed our selected recipes...as always.

As a long time hotel and restaurant entrepreneurs, self-proclaimed foodies, and high-end restaurant goers, we (my dear wife and myself) tent to overlook many details in restaurant places...”details” that could be overlooked by other costumers, but not for our discerning and trained eyes
Before continuing my notes, I need to clarify that, whenever we are spending great times in our North Orlando second home we scheduled our restaurant's dinner outings -ahead of time- distributed among our favorite places. Some of then simpler ones, but of course, including ”mandatory” dinings at our preferred places, like ”Luma” that has a soft spit in our foodie’s heart, ”Prato”, our beloved ”Hillstone”, the great Mount Dora’s ”1921”, ”Enzo’s”, ”Ravenous”, ”Ruth Chris”, ”Le Coq au Vin”, ”Chatham's place”, ”Bull & Bear” and of course ”Victoria & Albert” our long-time favorite -high end restaurant place- in whole Florida. A place, long time due, for a couple of Michelin Stars
Among the “simpler ones” we enjoy ”Terra Mia”, ”Umi”, ”Seito”, ”Dove Cote” and even places like ”Peach Valley Cafe”...of course; not to forget ”Seasons 52”, a place visited many times, by us and our family members, since they first opened in Altamonte...and the one receiving this obliged notes from myself. The ones that I don't feel happy (as said) writing, but are much needed, after:
THE SECOND TIME that we notice, what I would describe as...
IMPROPER BEHAVIOR from some of their kitchen staff members. A behavior that even the most simpler COMMON SENSE indicates are inappropriate.

What it's inappropriate?
Inappropriate is founding, a couple -or even just one member- of the kitchen staff, improperly seated -slouching, carelessly reading cellphones etc- at the costumers, left entrance nice sitting areas, ignoring and regardless costumer's presence-on his way out...as we notice -twice- after our last dinners
These, dear Seasons 52 management team, is unacceptable and it's a sad and simple way of spoiling the AMBIANCE of the place itself. Besides that -an spoiled ambiance- can damage the dining moment enjoyed by costumers and their -fine lasting impression- of that evening
From the point of view, as a customers; in restaurants, are of paramount importance, besides Food and Recipes quality, proper service and service posture and manners, the sitting, deco, tableware, settings and AMBIANCE . Even they are many rules and standards that are expected to be followed when working in a formal dining Place, some simpler practices may seems even simpler, from common sense, such as smiling, being friendly and polite. Some of these rules may be unfamiliar to new employees if they don't receive proper training, but knowing “Seasons 52” standards -for many years- we know this is not their case.
As you may notice these notes are not just about food moments, but what can be spoiling those moments...like improper AMBIANCE...that's why I must rate -very low- our latest experiences there
On the other side:
Food and drinks and prices and service and setting (we still miss their live piano player) -as always- were very nice on this, our last days, at our dearest Orlando Home, on this 2018...very hot Summer days
We especially enjoyed our Martinis -properly shaken not stirred- as James Bond would say and required. Our different selected Flatbread as a starter, the ”Porcini Mushroom Soup” and the ”Mediterranean style Lamb Shank” recipes were great, as well as my dear wife ”Short Rib Lasagna” plus those always delicious mini indulgences Desserts.
Words of a couple that just returned from a fantastic, very long and long time planned, cherished gastrotour of (almost) all finest High-end, highly rated restaurant places, all over Spain, southwest France, and northern Portugal.

I believe you, as reader or the management team at Seasons appreciate these notes and its circumstances....
Yes; we are kind of ”selective”, serious and discerning when it's about dining!
And we -knowing deeply the restaurant business- and being fine restaurant lovers, expect that this notes found it's necessary ways into “Seasons 52” management team, for them to right those wrongs...wrongs that could damage their nice rating among us, their loyal costumers!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank acasasnovasg
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Really - if it wasn't published or mentioned you would never imagine that the excellent food here is actually (relatively) low calorie. Really! I think the building is handsome and the interior beautiful. Has a great lodge/chalet/modern/appetizing feel to it. The service is first rate as is the food. And it's all fresh (seasons - get it?).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Classy restaurant with very good food. Quantity and Quality is very good. Great bar area and room near the fireplace. There steaks are very good as well as the salmon. Service is excellent. Desserts are very good and enough as serve according to your taste.

Date of visit: September 2018