“Lunch -always great :-)”

Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tibby's is not just about what you see, but how it makes you feel. It's about expressing personality and character through food, music, art and heritage. It has the vibe of New Orleans funk in a very fun atmosphere. It is vibrant in expressions and true to its colors. It reflects a social gathering that feeds the soul. It is not the New Orleans you may have visited; it is the New Orleans that locals call home.
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Today I tried alligator and crawfish cheesecake! Not a dessert. I was apprehensive but Daniel(waiter) said it was good so I went for it. It was delicious. It took a little bit for our food to come out but Daniel kept us informed and apologized for the delay. He was great. Overall food was very good. Staff fantastic (even the busboy) and it was a great experience! Thanks! I will be back !

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

In the south, there is a saying that when someone or something is super fantastic, it's slap your mama good. Tibbys is slap your mama good.

Oh, and half a sandwich and is not half your used to... It's a full 6". A full sandwich is 12". There is no such thing as a small portion here. So wear your stretch pants.

1  Thank jenifer c
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I can’t get away from ordering Rita’s chicken! A friend and I split an order, plenty for each of us. Not only is this menu item scrumptious, our server plated them separately and split the bill for us. Great customer service when some places charge or won’ t consider a request to split an order.

Totally recommend...

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I am not crazy about Cajun cuisine but my very picky sister ate there and came back raving about Tibby's. I went there on a Thursday evening with 2 friends and while the place was busy we were immediately seated. Our waiter was good- fast and attentive, and knew the menu well enough to make recommendations. We skipped the appetizers. I ordered the Chicken Pontchartrain- sauteed chicken topped with artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes & sherry wine sauce & finished with New Orleans olive dressing. At the waiter's suggestion I traded the rice for spinach and ordered a side of andouille grits, which were incredibly flavorful and creamy. My friend also had the same and the other friend had the "Rita" 2 panko crusted chicken breasts served over dirty rice. Both dishes were beyond delicious, the chicken was moist and juicy and the dirty rice was moist, flavorful with just a little bit of kick to it. Desserts were beignets, made perfectly warm and moist, doused with light confectioners sugar. I could have eaten 10 of them they were that good. A wonderful meal, good quality food prepared perfectly. We will be back!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

A delightful dining experience at Tibby's in Altamonte Springs. Had to have a Hurricane during the last few minutes of Happy Hour. Then, The most difficult decision of the night was picking which menu items we were going to try. My wife had Shrimp Creole and I finally decided on Shrimp and Cheddar Grits. Both turned out to be great choices - entirely authentic and delicious. Rachel was a great server - very attentive and pleasant. Of course we topped off the meal with beignets and a cafe au lait. Not quite Cafe du Monde caliber, but darned close enough to declare this place a "do not miss".