All reviews shared bathroom small cottage historic hotel main building catalina island vons grocery store friendly hotel full kitchen mid week my birthday microwave gear mainland deck metropole
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

We went to Avalon to mainly go Scuba diving. We picked the Hermosa Hotel because it advertised dive lockers and carts to carry your gear. The dive locker was an alley with a bunch of old mattresses. The gate to the alley could not even be locked. There were no carts at all. So basically we got duped by false advertising on the Hermosa Hotel website.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Josh Heimer, General Manager at Hermosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for having any debris in the dive area and have since remedied this situation. We continue to strive to be the best scuba dive oriented hotel on the island and appreciate any feedback from our guests. Once again thank you so much for being a part of the Hermosa Hotel and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 24 November 2020

I was in Catalina for a weekend getaway with friends. My stay at Hermosa Hotel was excellent; the accommodations were great and the staff were professional and friendly. The customer service was above and beyond. All the amenities were clean and I really enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the lobby. The hotel is really close to the beach, a quick 5-minute walk. Also, the view from the patio is really exceptional. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a friendly hotel experience in Catalina. I would definitely return to Hermosa hotel in my future trips to Catalina.

Date of stay: November 2020

Thank you for being a part of the Hermosa Hotel in 2020. We appreciate the support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2020

I went to Catalina for the first time to celebrate my birthday with a couple friends, and we had an excellent time staying at Hermosa Hotel. Our room was comfortable, safe, had a beautiful view, and was very accomodating for divers. The staff was friendly, and Lindsey was incredibly helpful in securing our passage to the mainland and a second night stay when a storm came in. All amenities were clean and I thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby. The bar in the lobby was a nice touch too, and the hotel is less than 5 minutes walking to the beach. Gorgeous! Highly recommend to anyone who wants a relaxed, affordable, and friendly hotel experience on the island.
I would definitely stay here again if I ever have the chance to return to Catalina.

Date of stay: November 2020

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate the kind words as well as your continued support. Once again thank you very much for being a part of the Hermosa Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2020

This hotel is fantastic! The front desk employees are the best I’ve ever seen in the hotel business. I travel for work, so I stay in hundreds of hotels. One guy was new-ish and still learning. He was so kind and sincere and went over the top to learn quickly and provide the best service to everyone as efficiently as humanly possible. He got help from his manager to learn how to solve a problem and then explained the solution to me in a helpful, non-condescending way. (I hate when hotel employees are condescending, amiright)?! This group of employees are fantastic and need a raise! Their customer service skills were above and beyond.
The rooms themselves were quaint and cozy. The beds were comfortable and they were clean. I love that there was a kitchen and stand up showers. (I don’t love bathtubs, ew). The setup reminded me a bit like a hostel: available to be social, but private enough to have your own space. Not your typical hotel, in a good way! (And not for everyone I suppose). But definitely for me, I loved it! Thanks to the fantastic front desk gentlemen for all their help and effort to make my stay a five star stay!
(No, I was not paid to say any of this, and have zero marketing incentive to write this. It’s all a sincere review from a random traveler who did the Trans-Catalina Trail).

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Ian Kinsley, General Manager at Hermosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Thank you for your kinds word regarding Andrew!

We eagerly await your return visit!! :)

Reviewed 20 October 2020

My husband and I came here for our wedding anniversary and stayed in one of the ocean view cottages. The room was darling with everything you would need/expect and the decor added the perfect charming touches. The view from the patio was absolutely gorgeous – perfect for watching the sun rise over the ocean with your coffee or enjoying a cocktail in the evening.

The hotel itself is charming and historic and all of the staff is helpful and friendly.

We loved our stay and will certainly be back!

Date of stay: September 2020
Ian Kinsley, General Manager at Hermosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

Thanks stephanief001!!

We were happy to have you stay with us and hope to see you back soon